Lets Talk Football

Tools    

You could see him looking at him the moment he went down. He knew something was wrong from the start.

Still people calling for Ole to be given the job at Old Trafford. Can't we just enjoy the fact we're playing entertaining football (in the attacking sense. Defending is still pretty poor when pressed) and see what the end of the season brings? I'd like Ole to have the job and, maybe, it's the right appointment. But giving it now with so little evidence (and no idea whether Poch would/will take it if offered. Still think he'll go to Real) is the kind of emotional thinking which only fans should have the luxury to indulge.

Any Chelsea fans here? If so, what is it about Willian that you see that fans of other teams don't? I heard another Chelsea fan wishing he wasn't there today and they tell me he's a highlight player. That might be the case, but the highlights are pretty good. Is it that he doesn't do that all the time or is he actually bad when not being brilliant?

Also, how's Sarri doing?

Unregistered User
[quote=honeykid;1984140]You could see him looking at him the moment he went down. He knew something was wrong from the start.

Still people calling for Ole to be given the job at Old Trafford. Can't we just enjoy the fact we're playing entertaining football (in the attacking sense. Defending is still pretty poor when pressed) and see what the end of the season brings? I'd like Ole to have the job and, maybe, it's the right appointment. But giving it now with so little evidence (and no idea whether Poch would/will take it if offered. Still think he'll go to Real) is the kind of emotional thinking which only fans should have the luxury to indulge.

Any Chelsea fans here? If so, what is it about Willian that you see that fans of other teams don't? I heard another Chelsea fan wishing he wasn't there today and they tell me he's a highlight player. That might be the case, but the highlights are pretty good. Is it that he doesn't do that all the time or is he actually bad when not being brilliant?

Defending is still a shambles at United. As much as its great seeing United more attacking now, every game has heart in your mouth moments when we defend, even against the lesser teams. Still, like I said, brilliant to see a much needed change in playing style and players finally seem happy. I cant see it happening but imagine the difference to our season should we get a really good, experience cb.

I'm with you on Willian, I'd take him in a heartbeat. Although would be a shame to leave out Martial or whoever else.

Glory Glory Man United.

I don't know how widely reported this story is, but it looks like it's making national news here now. It's not looking good.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-eur...rnsey-46954922

So, something lighter, and a story which reminds us that football players (and all sportsmen and sportswomen) are just people like us.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-46950567

The missing plane is nuts, hopefully there'll be good news.

I want Ole to get the job, was a fan when he played and I think he's earned a shot at a full season, I'm hoping Poch wants a full season at the new stadium too. As a Spurs fan I can't really give an unbiased opinion on Willian

Very sad news about Emiliano Sala, been hoping all day that they’d find them alive but it doesn’t look good now

Hun - that story about Hernandez made me laugh - bless ‘im!

2 days missing. The chances are next to nothing now. But there have been a few recuses that went on longer. But the only question is, the plane went missing like the MH370. Just hoping against hope that he is floating on some debris somewhere.

Seems as if wreckage is starting to appear. It sounds a bit off, but I'm pleased about this. His family are obviously not going to believe it until they have proof and this might start the grieving process.

Horrible night last night for Manchester and the nice half of Scouseland (and, quite possibly, most other Premier League fans, considering how much they won't shut up if/when they win it). Made all the worse by the fact it was Newcastle and how happy their manager would've been.

I didn't see the game last night, but it sounds as if we were pretty poor until the changes and wasteful. If that's the case, I'm sure Ole will have learned a lot more in those 90+ minutes than he did in the previous 720 about who can and can't be trusted to play the way he wants them to. I've heard some saying he shouldn't have changed the team (new record, don't change a winning team and all that) but he needs to allow some players to play themselves in or out of future selections. Especially if he does have one eye on keeping the job, which he surely must do, even if he doesn't expect it to happen.

Looks like Fellaini is off to China. I wish him well. I know he's not 'an United player' but he's never looked like someone who wasn't trying, was always ready to play and scored some important goals. Besides, it's not as if we thought we were getting Ronaldo mkII when we bought him. So while his leaving gives me hope that United are looking to play more like we currently are and not like we have been for the last 5 years, I still wish him well.

Well I'm stoked that Tottenham have managed to scrape a few important league wins recently, going out of 2 cups hurts a bit but every cloud....

In other news this week, Klopp is moaning at Kyle Walker's "unprofessional behaviour" regarding a tweet after Liverpool V Leicester

Personally I like a bit of banter between clubs, Theo Walcott and Jack Wilshire were always stirring the pot when Spurs v Arsenal was around the corner. I thought Kyle's tweet was pretty funny, wasn't insulting or mean to anyone, bit disappointed in Klopp really as he normally has a good sense of humour

See I didn't really think he was a moaner, he's usually "that's part of the game and why we love it" kind of mentality, hoping this is a one-off

Klopp is such a moaner. He wants to be on the other side of Stanley Park, we'd give him something to moan about
What is going on with Marco? Is he just version2.0 of Roberto?

Ugly second half today, but we hung in there, rode our luck a little, and came out with the win. It's a good habit to start but Ole must be wondering why the change from the first half, when we were OK and beating them to every second ball. Or that's how it seemed.

They do but they need to get rid of some high wage players off the books too
Do they, though? I mean, it's always good to get rid of high earning players who aren't first team regulars, but the amount of money the guys put in and could still do, I don't think there's any real need to get them out in order to bring in others, is there? Are there FFP worries I'm unaware of?

The money he's put forward has been almost completely wasted though. I'm still not sure why £40m+ was turned down for Gueye. Good player, but 29 and not essential (IMO) to Everton or how they play. I'm guessing it's a way of letting the world know that Everton don't have to sell anyone and putting themselves up as getting ready to make the leap, but I think you need to pick your battles and this was one you could've allowed to leave and still have it looked as a victory. It's not as if he was leaving for another Premier League club.

I'm still not convinced by Richarlison, but at least he has value and time to improve.

Who are the big earners though? I would guess Gylfi, Theo and Schneiderlin? All players that can still deliver when it counts (OK maybe not so much Schneiderlin but he's had injuries)