Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Sleep Tight (2011)

This was an awesome under the radar Spanish flick recommended by The Samoan Lawyer. It's eligible for the horror countdown but I won't vote for it because I consider it a thriller and I'm a bitch with genres. I wouldn't want to say anything about it except that it should be seen by many more.

Bill Cunningham: New York (2010), Directed by Richard Press.

This is a captivating documentary about the famous, intrepid, eccentric and good-natured photographer Bill Cunningham, who for 40 years took "street fashion" photographs which were published weekly in the NY Times.

His fashion subjects ranged from high brow to low brow and everything in between, nearly always capturing his candid photos amongst the hustle and bustle of the city-- oftentimes without the subjects awareness. He was known throughout the industry and the city, and counted among his friends some of the movers and shakers of NYC, and many of its celebrities.

Bill is pictured at the top left in the poster in an iconic pose, showing a typical method he used to get a photo. He was an unassuming man, and along with his age, almost never resulted in people objecting to his photographing them. In fact some of the fashion conscious always tried to seek him out. Some celebrities admitted that they "dressed for Bill".

A very enjoyable 90 minutes. Doc's rating: 8/10

Loved it. My life’s ambition was to be photographed on the streets of Manhattan by Bill. Never happened.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
His Days Are Numbered - 8/10

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0136225/
"I giorni contati"

What a great movie. It begins with the main character seeing his co-worker die, and he quits his jobs and tries to live it up, but of course life doesn't turn out the way you think it will.

Full movie with Spanish subtitles, but you can find an English one on subscene.com
https://archive.org/details/IGiorniC...DiElioPetriCon

Hope this is the right place to post this.(I believe I read the original review on this thread ).

A while ago @GulfportDoc wrote an excellent review about a documentary called Three Identical Strangers. The film was about young triplets who were separated by an adoption agency, and who later found each other. I haven't seen it yet, but based on Doc's recommendation, I put it on my list of 'must sees.'

Turns out (two of) the adult triplets appeared on a talk show, and they mentioned that the film will be shown on CNN on January 27.

Fascinating, riveting story and good call by Doc- as now this movie will get a broader appreciation.
Hope you enjoy the documentary, LL. I sure did. BTW, I don't recall where the review was. I must have neglected to retain a copy. If you come across it, let me know. Cheers.

~Doc

Hope this is the right place to post this.(I believe I read the original review on this thread ).

A while ago @GulfportDoc wrote an excellent review about a documentary called Three Identical Strangers. The film was about young triplets who were separated by an adoption agency, and who later found each other. I haven't seen it yet, but based on Doc's recommendation, I put it on my list of 'must sees.'

Turns out (two of) the adult triplets appeared on a talk show, and they mentioned that the film will be shown on CNN on January 27.

Fascinating, riveting story and good call by Doc- as now this movie will get a broader appreciation.
Hope you enjoy the documentary, LL. I sure did. BTW, I don't recall where the review was. I must have neglected to retain a copy. If you come across it, let me know. Cheers.

~Doc
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...35#post1974535

^Is that the post you're talking about? If you want easily find a post you can click on the total number of replies for thread, Ctrl+F for a username and that lets you look at everything one person has posted in a specific thread.

This might just do nobody any good.
2001 (1968)

A masterpiece that’s basically you’re crazy uncle’s midnight tweets.

Welcome to the human race...
The Stepford Wives -

women be losing their bodily autonomy due to the whims of insecure men

Hostiles - 6 or 7 out of 10.

Ran in with low desires, didn't see the trailer and didn't realize it existed until GF called attention to out at the theater.

The story was what you'd expect from a western, wasn't appallingly unique. Christian Bale and Rosamund Pike made it worth the ticket cost, astonishing exhibitions by both. One of Bales better exhibitions of his profession (not THE best, but rather its one of them).

Extraordinary acting, incredible melodic score, extraordinary cinematography.

alter: subsequent to viewing the trailer for it, skip it on the off chance that you can. Much the same as most trailers nowadays it demonstrates excessively IMO.

GREEN BOOK (2018) PETER FARRELLY

Enjoyable movie. Overall casting performance was nice. Viggo Mortensen is alright, fine at least, lookalike De Niro interpreting Italian American 'wise guy' in many scenes. Funny and entertaining, good script & story telling.

Snooze factor rating = Zz

[Snooze Factor Ratings]:
Z = didn't nod off at all
Zz = nearly nodded off but managed to stay alert
Zzz = nodded off and missed some of the film but went back to watch what I missed
Zzzz = nodded off and missed some of the film but went back to watch what I missed but nodded off again at the same point and therefore needed to go back a number of times before I got through it...
Zzzzz = nodded off and missed some or the rest of the film but was not interested enough to go back over it

Welcome to the human race...
The Mule -

can't wait to see Clint live another ten years so he can complete his "crusty old Korean War veteran tells those damn kids what's what" triptych

Unregistered User

Murder Party (2007)

Not a great fan of horror comedies and this i a good example of why. Not sure I laughed at all or found anything that funny.
Nah.

Unregistered User
Sleep Tight (2011)

This was an awesome under the radar Spanish flick recommended by The Samoan Lawyer. It's eligible for the horror countdown but I won't vote for it because I consider it a thriller and I'm a bitch with genres. I wouldn't want to say anything about it except that it should be seen by many more.

Glad you enjoyed Crick.

'Piercing' (2019)

Woah. Gruesome but fun. Set design amazing. Editing (both visual and sound) very impressive. The whole atmosphere is like a 1980s from a different dimension that includes 80s style appartments but with futuristic tech. I could sense a bit of Park Chan Wook in it, and Mia Wasikowska was excellent. There is a bit of ambiguity in the whole "plot" - with a few puzzling sequences hinting at the nature of the character's actions.

It did feel a little rushed at the end and I don't think it was quite as good as Pesce's first effort 'The eyes of My Mother' but it was definitely interesting.

7/10

https://www.movieforums.com/communit...35#post1974535

^Is that the post you're talking about? If you want easily find a post you can click on the total number of replies for thread, Ctrl+F for a username and that lets you look at everything one person has posted in a specific thread.
Yes, that's the comment. Thanks, Yam12. I didn't know one could access one's posts that way. That's very useful.

I see where it lists the most recent posts under "Activity Log". But how can the others be accessed?

Cheers,
~Doc