Your pick to win the Super Bowl this year

Tools    

most of those stats relate to the Patriots being good more than Brady individually. Also the Pass TD stat isn't fair as Montana played much less games.

A system of cells interlinked
I will just skip on over to argument from authority, which is only a logical fallacy when not talking about Tom Brady.

most of those stats relate to the Patriots being good more than Brady individually. Also the Pass TD stat isn't fair as Montana played much less games.
I would posit that Brady's dedication to physical health and stamina are part of why he the best of all time. Let's name all the QBs that have played at the level he has for as long as he has...

List Below:

Tom Brady
???

I like Brees a whole lot, and it's a damned shame it won't be Brees vs Brady in the Super Bowl.

OK, I will add Brees to the list...

List Below:

Tom Brady
Drew Brees
???

We're essentially in the first generation of QBs capable of playing at a high level into their late 30s, so all these guys are physical pioneers. The list'll be a lot longer going forward.

I remember when Roethsliberger (who might be on it in a few years himself) burst onto the scene, I specifically thought "well, I guess we get 10 years of this" because at the time basically none of these guys remained elite into even their mid-30s. Now it's kinda the norm.

Didn't play as long, and he looked like **** at the end (admittedly he had a bad neck injury to deal with). Great QB though, with an amazing football IQ and was pretty much an offensive coordinator playing QB.

I would posit that Brady's dedication to physical health and stamina are part of why he the best of all time. Let's name all the QBs that have played at the level he has for as long as he has...

Tom Brady was a system QB/Game Manager who benefited greatly from the 78' rules changes and playing in a lesser conference. Never during his entire run as QB would he be my first pick at QB and if you put him on the Browns he would have been out in a season.

1. Johnny Unitas
2. Peyton Manning
3. Fran Tarkenton
4. Brett Favre
5. Joe Montana
6. John Elway
7. Sammy Baugh
8. Aaron Rodgers
9. Drew Brees
10. Dan Marino
11. Bart Starr
12. Tom Brady
13. Vinny Testaverde
14. Dan Fouts
15. Terry Bradshaw
16. Steve Young
17. Warren Moon
18. Otto Graham
19. Troy Aikman
20. Sid Luckman

Tom Brady was a system QB/Game Manager who benefited greatly from the 78' rules changes and playing in a lesser conference. Never during his entire run as QB would he be my first pick at QB and if you put him on the Browns he would have been out in a season.

1. Johnny Unitas
2. Peyton Manning
3. Fran Tarkenton
4. Brett Favre
5. Joe Montana
6. John Elway
7. Sammy Baugh
8. Aaron Rodgers
9. Drew Brees
10. Dan Marino
11. Bart Starr
12. Tom Brady
13. Vinny Testaverde
14. Dan Fouts
15. Terry Bradshaw
16. Steve Young
17. Warren Moon
18. Otto Graham
19. Troy Aikman
20. Sid Luckman
I edited your quote a bit:

"Peyton Manning was a system QB/Game Manager who benefited greatly from the 78' rules changes and playing in a lesser conference."

Hopefully that highlights how ridiculous that statement is.

"Mel Blount doesn't play anymore, so now QB's have it easy."

I can play, too!

It was certainly a different game back then, but all games evolve, as do the players. Oh, you forgot Y.A. Tittle and Jones, too. I mean, why not include them if you are slotting guys like Tarkenton?

F. Tarkenton

TD–INT: 342–266
Passing yards: 47,003
Completion percentage: 57.0
Passer rating: 80.4

I know, I know...more stats! I guess we should be some other metric, like whether or not we like the team colors, or which guy had a cooler muscle car in 1976.

Would have been out in a season, 12th best QB of all-time? Any list with Testevarde on it is out the window for me. Watched him for way too long. Probably one of my least favorite QB that hung around as a starter for any period of time.

I swear I'm not running around threads looking to pick an argument with you BTW Siddon.

I edited your quote a bit:

"Peyton Manning was a system QB/Game Manager who benefited greatly from the 78' rules changes and playing in a lesser conference."

Which system would that be..he won and competed at the highest level on three different teams.

F. Tarkenton

TD–INT: 342–266
Passing yards: 47,003
Completion percentage: 57.0
Passer rating: 80.4

I know, I know...more stats! I guess we should be some other metric, like whether or not we like the team colors, or which guy had a cooler muscle car in 1976.

It was much harder to play the game back then. Hard to credit a guys "numbers" when I believe 50% of the top guys and also top statistical guys.

Would have been out in a season, 12th best QB of all-time? Any list with Testevarde on it is out the window for me. Watched him for way too long. Probably one of my least favorite QB that hung around as a starter for any period of time.

I swear I'm not running around threads looking to pick an argument with you BTW Siddon.

They went to a superbowl without him and he would have a sub WAR if they actually counted that stuff

They went to a superbowl without him and he would have a sub WAR if they actually counted that stuff
You mean before he arrived?

I would love to hear why you rank Testaverde so high

You mean before he arrived?

I would love to hear why you rank Testaverde so high

Matt Cassell 11-5
Jimmy Garoppolo3-1

He put together a Hall of Fame resume playing for the Bucs, Browns, and Jets and he almost won the MVP with the Ravens.

If Vinny was with the Patriots they would have won 3 SB's in a row and they wouldn't have needed to completely revamp the wide receiving core every five years.

Matt Cassell 11-5
Jimmy Garoppolo3-1

He put together a Hall of Fame resume playing for the Bucs, Browns, and Jets and he almost won the MVP with the Ravens.

If Vinny was with the Patriots they would have won 3 SB's in a row and they wouldn't have needed to completely revamp the wide receiving core every five years.
He missed one year and they missed the playoffs. I think you could make an argument he has one elite receiver his whole time there. Yeah, the system is great but Brady runs it perfectly. Anyhow, I could never square saying a guy would be out of the league with a bad team while still calling him the 12th best ever. You are contradicting your argument.

I am going to go out on a limb and say you aren't old enough to have watched Testaverde and are going by stats. He was an interception machine. In the offenses today he would have been throwing 35 a year.

You ready? You look ready.
I've got $100 on the team that scores the most points...
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza