Quiet Place

Tools    

So in this movie if an Alien can be killed with a rifle, then why didn't they just kill them all ? The people on Earth must have outnumbered them by a million to one . Did the Aliens devastate Earth with their spaceships and are just killing off the last remaining survivors ? What also did not make sense is that they are blind and yet are able to build and navigate interstellar Spaceships capable of coming here.

A system of cells interlinked
In the film, the are shown to be pretty much invulnerable until one of the aliens is affected with sound in such a way that it opens up its armor, making itself vulnerable to gunfire.

The real question is how we are supposed to believe that no one on the entire planet thought to try sound weapons against the aliens until some random deaf girl on a farm tries it.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
The real question is how we are supposed to believe that no one on the entire planet thought to try sound weapons against the aliens until some random deaf girl on a farm tries it.
To be fair, we are isolated to just them. Maybe other people have and word hasn't gotten out yet?

I get that he needed to convey the sound issue to people without saying it, hence the newspaper articles saying "IT'S SOUND!!" But I just think about that for a second laugh that a newspaper company was still writing articles even though an alien invasion was going on and delivering it to newsstands. Must be a quiet printing press.

Suspect's Reviews

To be fair, we are isolated to just them. Maybe other people have and word hasn't gotten out yet?

I get that he needed to convey the sound issue to people without saying it, hence the newspaper articles saying "IT'S SOUND!!" But I just think about that for a second a laugh that a newspaper company was still writing articles even though an alien invasion was going on and delivering it to newsstands.
Fair point. I did find it to be kind of a stretch while watching, but I liked the film nonetheless.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Fair point. I did find it to be kind of a stretch while watching, but I liked the film nonetheless.
In my review I criticized the fact they let the youngest kid who was just causing sound issues to be LAST on the walk back home, unattended. In elementary school whenever we left on day trips there would be a teacher at the front and one at the back. Why leave this kid unattended? You take so many precautions with everything, but then this?

Do they go to the waterfall to fart? Silent but Deadly is now Silent but Lifesaving.

Do they poop and pee in the stream where they catch fish? I need to know!!!!

It seems that with a lot of these flicks like A Quiet Place and Bird Box, as the film progresses along, the logic of the world or narrative begin to come apart at the seams. A Quiet Place did a lot right, but the more one analyzes it, the more it buckles under the scrutiny.

The biggest question still remains as to how they are able to build and navigate interstellar spaceships if they are blind ?

Welcome to the human race...
The much more plausible explanation is that they are just dumb animals that crash-landed on Earth and started attacking everything out of instinct.

Yeah, like a hive brain mentality but instead of all the workers dying after the queen dies in the crash. All the blind workers just end up wandering around and attacking anything they hear.

The much more plausible explanation is that they are just dumb animals that crash-landed on Earth and started attacking everything out of instinct.

Yes, but how would "dumb animals" be capable of interstellar space travel ?

Yes, but how would "dumb animals" be capable of interstellar space travel ?
They could be bio-engineered hunters created by a super-intelligent alien species that somehow got loose on their spacecraft. While under attack, the aliens scanned the area for the nearest habitable world in an effort to either escape or to jettison the creatures off the ship. While they were scanning, they said "Hey, these ******** leave nails sticking up on their own stairs - what a bunch of jack asses. Let's let the dogs out for a run there!"

They could be bio-engineered hunters created by a super-intelligent alien species that somehow got loose on their spacecraft. While under attack, the aliens scanned the area for the nearest habitable world in an effort to either escape or to jettison the creatures off the ship. While they were scanning, they said "Hey, these ******** leave nails sticking up on their own stairs - what a bunch of jack asses. Let's let the dogs out for a run there!"

but then the question would still be as to why they engineered these "hunters" to be able to hear and not to see ? Maybe we should just watch these movies and not try to analyze them because in the end they all don't make any sense.

but then the question would still be as to why they engineered these "hunters" to be able to hear and not to see ? Maybe we should just watch these movies and not try to analyze them because in the end they all don't make any sense.
I was saying much the same earlier.

As to your question -- maybe the aliens live where there isn't much light, like in an alien cave, or the dark side of a moon, or Cleveland. As for not (over) analyzing these films, I tend to agree, so maybe we can mention that to the OP.

Say, that's you!

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Now that i think about it, wasn't the Stuff just in a puddle like in the middle of the Antarctic or something? I assumed it crashed here but maybe I'm mixing that up with the Blob. Or Night of the Alien Slug Things... No. Creeps. But that was stolen tech launched at the earth. Slither? And technically Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within.

Yeah. I'll go along with just randomly crashing here too.