Apologies

Tools    

Hello. I'm sorry but I must apologize because my PC crashed a few days ago and I lots all records of my previous account here.

I believe I used the Email address [email protected] but I can't remember the user name or password.

I had a terrible time after I clicked on "Forgot your password". I tried many times to get in but I failed every time.

I am apologizing because I realize it's not your fault I forgot my account name or password. I don't remember if you have some rule prohibiting multiple accounts. But I don't want any multiple accounts anyway because if trying to manage a single account can cause me so much grief, I am terrified at the thought of trying to deal with multiples.

In any case, I do remember that there were some restrictions placed on my account (I think I was unable to upload any attachments or something like that) until I had made a minimum number of posts. So I would like to use my original account so that I could pick up where I left off. If the above email was not the one I used, I'd appreciate if you could post enough info here so that I could try to get into my original account.

I believe I do remember my correct password if that may be of any help to you. Thank you and I'm sorry for causing you this trouble.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Hello. I'm sorry but I must apologize because my PC crashed a few days ago and I lots all records of my previous account here.

I believe I used the Email address [email protected] but I can't remember the user name or password.

I had a terrible time after I clicked on "Forgot your password". I tried many times to get in but I failed every time.

I am apologizing because I realize it's not your fault I forgot my account name or password. I don't remember if you have some rule prohibiting multiple accounts. But I don't want any multiple accounts anyway because if trying to manage a single account can cause me so much grief, I am terrified at the thought of trying to deal with multiples.

In any case, I do remember that there were some restrictions placed on my account (I think I was unable to upload any attachments or something like that) until I had made a minimum number of posts. So I would like to use my original account so that I could pick up where I left off. If the above email was not the one I used, I'd appreciate if you could post enough info here so that I could try to get into my original account.

I believe I do remember my correct password if that may be of any help to you. Thank you and I'm sorry for causing you this trouble.

Maybe @Yoda can help you get back into your original account. (He's the site's admin.)

Thank you Gbgoodies. Part of my problem was that I forgot the name of the site admin. So thanks for telling me.

I found my original User ID. It is crygen77

But the forum will not permit me to post here using that User ID. It complains that I did not respond to some email confirmation it sent me. But I have made plenty of posts using the Crygen77 User ID and so I guess I must still be logged into Alishibaz (the new User ID that I created).

I realize that I am now logged into Alishibaz. I had to log into this User ID in order to post anything to this forum. But I will try to log out and then log back into Crygen77. My mind is boggled by the difficulty I caused myself. Everyone always warns me to never write my Account names and passwords onto paper and never to use the same password more than once. But when people amass many Account names and passwords, it's almost impossible to remember them all without writing down something.

Oh well, I will try once more.

Thank you for your help. I realize none of this is anyone's fault but my own. Still .... I'm pretty unhappy even though it was my own fault. I need someone to yell at.

I just logged back into Crygen77 and it won't allow me to make any posts.

I reset my password when I first discovered this problem and it said it would send me a confirmation email to the Email address I used when I registered Crygen77. But I never got it and I tried to resend it 3 times without success.

Just to be on the safe side, I also checked the email account I used when I registered the Alishibaz account and it was not sent there either.

I don't know what to do.

I just logged back into Crygen77 and it won't allow me to make any posts.

I reset my password when I first discovered this problem and it said it would send me a confirmation email to the Email address I used when I registered Crygen77. But I never got it and I tried to resend it 3 times without success.

Just to be on the safe side, I also checked the email account I used when I registered the Alishibaz account and it was not sent there either.

I don't know what to do.

It's very late where Yoda lives, but he'll be online tomorrow. He should be able to help you. (The @ in front of his username in my previous post will call him to this thread and let him know that you need his help.)

Just be patient and he'll help you.

You might want to think about the original name you said you used on the site, as the username crygen77 doesn't exist in the members list.

I just went to the search page, and when I typed "cry" into the username box, "Crygen77" came up as the first username in the dropdown list.

It is all kind of mysterious.

I have an email sent to me by this website and it uses the name crygen77 as well.

Perhaps there is some misunderstanding because I used an email address that was very similar to my User ID?

crygen77 versus [email protected]

I will check back in a few days. I am don't need to have this resolved quickly. I can wait for a few days.

Thank you again for your help. If I discover a solution, I will post here and let you know.

Apparently it has been resolved by itself.

I didn't do anything to change the status. But I can now post.

Thank you very much for helping me. It was much appreciated.

All is well. Thanks to everyone here who helped me. I'm all set now. But guess what?

I now am unable to remember just what movie it was that I wanted to make a post about. Ain't that a kick in the head?

I'm sure it will come back to me soon. Until that time, I want to thank you all once more. TTYS!