Sopranos Prequel

Tools    

That's what I was thinking. Something in the eyes feels similar. Also, that's just a really important/meaty role, and she's pretty accomplished, so it makes sense it'd be her.

That's what I was thinking. Something in the eyes feels similar. Also, that's just a really important/meaty role, and she's pretty accomplished, so it makes sense it'd be her.

Yep, in fact looking at the picture of both of them, they've got to be Tony's parents, right?

Oh my gosh!!!!!! YES!

Bernthal could be playing Tony's Dad, or maybe Christophers Dad.

I always liked the actor they used in the show (Rocco Sisto) who played Uncle Junior in the flashbacks - the guy was just perfect as a younger version of Dominic Chianese. Perhaps he could reprise the role in the prequel!

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Vera Farmiga = Olivia Soprano?
Got to be Johnny and Olivia right?

Wow this could be really good. Hope they get a young Paulie right, heh.

I think Mafia stories are far better in the 50s-70s setting, which was still their golden age.

No doubt it will suffer from a touch of prequelitis though.

Here is a great article on the prequel movie being developed. Warning it really gives maybe too much information on the storyline, so I only read the first half of it. It does tell most of the cast and what part they're playing.

http://amp.denofgeek.com/us/movies/t...date-cast-news

Here is a great article on the prequel movie being developed. Warning it really gives maybe too much information on the storyline, so I only read the first half of it. It does tell most of the cast and what part they're playing.

http://amp.denofgeek.com/us/movies/t...date-cast-news
I looked at the article, Tongo - it doesn't give much away: just names the actor who will play Dickie Maltisonti. It names some other actors who will be in it, but doesn't name who will play what character. The only characters it names that will be in the film are Tony's father, Uncle Junior, Dickie and young Tony himself. I'm assuming his mother will be in it along with many others from the series.

Paulie should be in it as he was part of Johnny Soprano's generation.

Just imagining characters from the 60's generation who could be in the film:

There were Carmela's parents.
Bobby's Baccalieri's father (a former hit man played by Burt Young).
Feech LaMana (played by Robert Loggia).
Old Carmine Lupertazzi (head of the New York family).
Uncle "Pat" Blundetto - the one on whose land they buried some bodies.
There were a couple of older "Captains" in the family who would have been part of the former generation (but I can't remember their names - I think one of them flipped and was whacked by Sal before the series ended).

One thing I never figured out: if the Sopranos crew was started by Johnny & Junior, then how did the Apriles take it over (as they were in charge when the series began before Jackie's death resulted in Tony taking over.)