What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

During the last Criterion Barnes and Noble sale:

Silent Ozu: Three Crime Dramas (Dragnet Girl, Walk Cheerfully, and That Night's Wife)
Silent Ozu: Three Family Comedies (Tokyo Chorus, I Was Born But ..., and Passing Fancy)
The Only Son / There Was a Father
Floating Weeds / A Story of Floating Weeds
Early Summer
Post-war Kurosawa Box Set: (No Regrets For Our Youth, One Wonderful Sunday, Scandal, The Idiot, and I Live in Fear)
Good Morning
An Autumn Afternoon
Late Ozu Box Set: (Early Spring, Tokyo Twilight, Equinox Flower, Late Autumn, The End of Summer)
In The Mood For Love

Also foreign copies of The Munekata Sisters, Record of a Tenement Gentleman, A Hen in the Wind, and The Flavor of Green Tea Over Rice (since they aren't available in English in the west).

Got these two today from pre-viewed Red Box for $16.

Decided to do some post christmas ebaying when all the prices dropped down.

Daimajin (complete series)

Gaslight (1944)

The Spiral Staircase(1946)

Porco Rosso(1992)

The last DVD....? God, who knows....

As far as traditional blu-ray goes I recently picked up steelbooks for "Sin City" and "Sin City: A Dame To Kill For", as well as "Die Hard" and "Saving Private Ryan" on 4K. I am pulling the trigger on some more steelbooks next week so I'll update this post once I make my selections.

Official Member: National Association of Film Critics 🎞️

IMDb Sponsored & Affiliated Film Critic.
🎥

“I was cured, all right!”
The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser by Werner Herzog

Undergångens Arkitektur by Peter Cohen

La passion de Jeanne d'Arc by Carl Theodor Dreyer

Michelangelo Antonioni's Trilogy of Decadence (incommunicability)

I love the smell of movies in the morning
man down because it had a descent trailer, a good cast, and was like $5. not a horrible movie, but if they changed the story structure it would have been a more entertaining film.

All Blu Ray under $20 for the lot and Cave was a whopping $9. . Never seen Green Zone, 3:10, or Cave. Cheaper than renting so what the hell.

You mean me? Kei's cousin?

It was one of those impulse buys.

My latest collection Can't wait for April and final season to be honest. Too bad I will be in my property in Greece that I bought through Tranio and will start watching it alone instead of being in a company of my friends.

Because of my Jake Gyllenhaal collection, and I liked this one a lot.

Because I ****ing love this movie and will proably watch it a few times again.

Because I ****ing ADORE THIS NASTY LITTLE MOVIE and haven't felt this way about a horror iconic killer since childhood. Couldn't find it on blu ray here, so....imported DVD it is. I'll buy it again when it does appear on blu ray. If.

Definitely a classic!