Things that annoy you...

Tools    

i really dislike when i hear the phrase "film is subjective". its not, there is greats, and everything else.
I know what you mean: like Ella Enchanted - probably the greatest film ever made... and then you've got Eric Idle in it on top of everything else! It's like having the greatest thing ever and then doubling it!

Actually, I have to withdraw that. Starship Troopers is 10 times better than even any movie with Eric Idle in it (like National Lampoon's European Vacation)! It's easily not only the best sci-fi ever made, but the best movie since before the silent era! I'm sure my friend "Rules" will agree!

I love the smell of movies in the morning
i have to completely agree with you and say ella enchanted is probably the best both technically and creatively speaking

When strangers call me things like "Honey" or "Sweetie."

Yeah, no. Don't do that. We don't know each other. Unless you're like a really old lady or something, it's weird. And if we did know each other, you would definitely not be calling me that.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again

Yeah, no. Don't do that. We don't know each other. Unless you're like a really old lady or something, it's weird. And if we did know each other, you would definitely not be calling me that.
Stay clear of Waffle House! Well. For several reasons, I guess, but yeah.

I called a coworker Stephie-boo-bear. Mostly just to get a reaction, but it was meant with office-appropriate affection. And annoyance.

I called a coworker Stephie-boo-bear. Mostly just to get a reaction, but it was meant with office-appropriate affection. And annoyance.
Just out of interest - how did Geoff react?

I’m a nervous wreck having blood drawn for my annual physical. Tiny veins. Last year’s phlebotomist was very skillful, which was great. He was new & if he called me sweetie one time he called me sweetie a thousand times. Annoying, but I’m not gonna start a beef with a guy with a needle in my arm.

People who spend 20 minutes fussing over protein bar ingredients, insisting it must be vegan... only to buy one made of whey, saying "oh, I know" when you point out it's not vegan.

Today in Connecticut is brutally cold. At 8 a.m. it was 0 degrees F., which is almost unheard of here. Right now it is 6 degrees. We had our 1st snow since November 15 & ice is everywhere. Bitter winds today. I took a truncated walk & possibly could have done my regular walk if I had dressed better. But I was very afraid of the ice underfoot. Is it August yet?

Don’t know where to put this so will put it here. Threw out today the first-ever DVD player I bought, which was in February of 2003, 16 years ago. How many movies have I seen on it? Countless. It had been ailing for about 6 months ago - took hours to turn on & eventually would not turn on at all. Silly, but I feel sad to part with it.

Any child, whether loud or otherwise, that refuses to stop barking needs psychiatric help imo.

Any child, whether loud or otherwise, that refuses to stop barking needs psychiatric help imo.
Meowing, however, is perfectly acceptable.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Meowing, however, is perfectly acceptable.
Meowing is always acceptable

Unregistered User
More of a question but also something that really annoys me.

Why do people use speakerphone on their mobile in public?

Genuine question.

More of a question but also something that really annoys me.

Why do people use speakerphone on their mobile in public?

Genuine question.
Got me. My mom does that and it drives me INSANE when I visit. On top of that, whenever I speak to her via the phone, it affects sound quality as she's always turning her head to do things while keeping the phone nearly full arm's length away. I bought her BT earbuds but she only uses those at work to listen to music. Whenever I'm at a checkout and some kat is two or three people back in line, I can hear their entire conversation. Still they talk louder than they would in person! I don't know, but I think some mobile devices must have a transmitter broadcasting subliminal instructions to affect the social balance around them.

Russians, I tell ya!