Best superhero movie other than the Dark Knight trilogy

Tools    

Hogwarts Professor
No superhero film or series today is close to the Dark Knight films - an opinion I think I share with the vast majority. However, I always had a soft spot for the first Spider-Man film. Always liked its atmosphere, and while I didn't enjoy the second and third films nearly as much, Tobey Maguire was a close-to-perfect Spider-Man. As a rule I think the casting was spot on; the Maguire-Dunst-Franco trio was brilliant. I also think the soundtrack is extremely hitting, and generally a very good film score.

This might just do nobody any good.
^ it's really on par with Peter Jackson and LotR. It's a work of love by a fan for fans.

I will say, though, that I re-watched Spidey 2 and thought Franco was terribly unengaged. I sort of wish he had gotten replaced by Gyllenhaal.

Hogwarts Professor
1. Iron Man
2. Spiderman
3. Harry porter
Harry Potter is a swine, just like his father. He wouldn't be a superhero even in his wildest dreams. No but seriously, what in the world is Harry Potter doing on a list of best superhero films, lol.

I will say, though, that I re-watched Spidey 2 and thought Franco was terribly unengaged.
In contrast to the first film. Fully agree.

spider man 1 and 2, arguably one of the best after the dark knight trilogy.

Avengers Assemble. I got dragged to the cinema to see it and was not at all interested. Ended up frickin jumping in my seat through the whole thing, absolutely loved it! Been into the superhero genre since. Before that the only one I had liked was The Dark Knight.

Gotta go with the Iron Man franchise.
Iron Man (2008) - Great! A fun action superhero film that stayed relatively true to the source material compared to most other comic-based movies.

Iron Man II (2010) - Okay. Not bad for a sequel.

Iron Man III (2013) - What a mess! Indicative of the "third-movie-curse." Someday the Mandarin will have his revenge (but first Dr. Doom needs to have his for his last 4 movie depictions!)

I am the Watcher in the Night
I'd list my favourite top 5 as:

TDK
Spiderman 2
Cap 2
X-Men 2
X-Men DOFP/Spiderman/Blade

"I need your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle"

Dick Donner's Superman fo sho.
I think you're right. I would say that Superman I and II in particular have a great claim to being the best apart from Nolan's Batman films. They have a hell of a lot going for them, foremost of which is Christopher Reeve.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I know people will disagree with me on this, but my answer is Hulk (2003), and I feel it's very underrated and the best superhero movie, after The Dark Knight trilogy.

I know people will disagree with me on this, but my answer is Hulk (2003), and I feel it's very underrated and the best superhero movie, after The Dark Knight trilogy.
I thought it was really underrated too.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I'd go with Hulk (2003).

Spider-Man 2 is still the perfect translation from page to screen and it does it without simply coasting off of the original work’s visual impact or totally missing/side-stepping it’s internal philosophy and message.

Spider-Man 2 is still the perfect translation from page to screen and it does it without simply coasting off of the original work’s visual impact or totally missing/side-stepping it’s internal philosophy and message.
But it does forget Spidey's sarcasm and wit. Now Avengers is an excellent example of maintaining a good cinematic story while keeping the comic book approach only made better by Sin City.

I still put Spidey 2 over Avengers for being much more singularly it’s own film. Just the fact that Raimi gets to go full on Evil Dead with the Doc Ock hospital scene is enough to solidify its higher artistic status in my opinion. Plus, y’know, it has something more interesting to say than just “friendship is magic.”

Also, there’s like one good segment in all of Sin City.