Freddy Vs. Jason movie

Tools    

Does anyone else recall this movie being released in 1998 and the ending fight scene in 3D? I know it says it was released in 2003 but why does my memory remember different?

2003 sounds about right to me
Do you know what a roller pigeon is, Barney? They climb high and fast, then roll over and fall just as fast toward the earth. There are shallow rollers and deep rollers. You can’t breed two deep rollers, or their young will roll all the way down, hit, and die. Officer Starling is a deep roller, Barney. We should hope one of her parents was not.

It was definitely 2003. I can remember being in high-school circa 1998 and being online at my school library and reading that a Freddy vs Jason film was "in the works", which of course meant they hadn't even written it yet or found a director. Fast forward to 2003 and it was finally in theaters and when the movie was over I remember wishing it was still "in the works". My wife, however, loves the movie and thinks of it as a "it's so bad it's good" title.

As far as the film being in 3D, I can't remember if the film had a 3D version in theaters or not, but if it did the entire movie would've been 3D and not just the final reel.

Official Member: National Association of Film Critics 🎞️

IMDb Sponsored & Affiliated Film Critic.
🎥

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
The 3d Nightmare on Elm Street only had 3d effects for the final confrontation. There was a cheesy black screen informing everyone to put on their glasses about 10 minutes to the end.

Me and my friend were furious thinking the entire movie was hoing to be 3d.

But that's going pretty far back.

Hey, seems strange to me but here's another question about the timeline of the movie series. Freddy vs Jason seems to me it takes place before Jason goes to Hell, because if he was in hell why in Freddy vs Jason when he pretends to be his mom, Jason's not in hell but somewhere in the real world? Articles say Freddy resurrects him, but nothing ever shows that?

Hey, seems strange to me but here's another question about the timeline of the movie series. Freddy vs Jason seems to me it takes place before Jason goes to Hell, because if he was in hell why in Freddy vs Jason when he pretends to be his mom, Jason's not in hell but somewhere in the real world? Articles say Freddy resurrects him, but nothing ever shows that?
Good question, but who knows. Best thing to do is to pretend that the Friday The 13th series doesn't extend past part 4 and that the first "Nightmare on Elm Street" film is the only one in the franchise. That's what I do, lol.

When I rented Freddy Vs Jason from a movie store, the DVD was a 2 disc set but, I only had the full movie disc 1.
When watching the movie with my t.v. set to original screen size and the disc set to full screen the movie would only show in 4:3, unless I switched the t.v. from original to all directional zoom. Also, the movie had a great picture to it, except the Jason corn field slaughter part with him on fire, it was really bright and swirly colors in the background, after that scene it returned to normal.
Does this tell anything at all?

The Bib-iest of Nickels
At the end of Jason Goes to Hell, Jason's hockey-mask is shown being snatched to Hell by Freddy Krueger, ending the film with Freddy's iconic laugh. At the start of Freddy vs Jason, it's explained that Freddy searched the deepest depths of Hell and found Jason, bringing him back to life for a killing spree at Elm Street to spread the fear, and thus, his own strength.

At the end of Jason Goes to Hell, Jason's hockey-mask is shown being snatched to Hell by Freddy Krueger, ending the film with Freddy's iconic laugh. At the start of Freddy vs Jason, it's explained that Freddy searched the deepest depths of Hell and found Jason, bringing him back to life for a killing spree at Elm Street to spread the fear, and thus, his own strength.
Yes, but Freddy only has power in the dream world I thought, how does he bring Jason from hell to the real world?
When Freddy is brought into the real world and Jason defeats him carrying his head, Freddy winks at the end so his powers don't only exist in the dream world I guess?