Your pick to win the Super Bowl this year

Tools    

I wouldn't be surprised if the Colts beat the Chiefs and then the Patriots get the easy road like they did last year with the Jags (although the Jags should have beat them).
How do you know that's the easy road? The Colts are playing better than the Chiefs are right now, and if they were to win, wouldn't that mean something?

You don't know it's the easy road, and you won't ever be able to prove a counterfactual, but even leaving aside that the Chiefs are likely a better team, they'd get to play the Colts at home. That's reason enough.

You don't know it's the easy road, and you won't ever be able to prove a counterfactual, but even leaving aside that the Chiefs are likely a better team, they'd get to play the Colts at home. That's reason enough.
They would get the home game, but they'd be playing the much hotter team and the team that just beat the other.

Historically I'm pretty sure "hotter" hasn't actually correlated with playoff success. And of course they'll be playing the team that just beat the other either way. The results of one game aren't especially dispositive, anyway, as to who the better team actually is.

I think the line on a KC game would either be in KC's favor, or closer than an IND line. The home field advantage settles this by itself, I think, even if you actually want to make the case that Indy is even as good.

KC certainly looks more formidable, but they no longer have Kareem Hunt, have a terrible defense, have a young QB making his first playoff start, and the Colts have won 11 of 12. I mean yes they're hotter, but over the last half of the season, they've been better.

If someone wants to argue Indy is as dangerous, hey, they might be. But it's pretty hard to make the case that they're not just as dangerous, but moreso, and more dangerous enough that you'd give up home field to avoid them.

I'm hoping they go to KC, but I admit it's not because I think that's their best chance. They had home field and Belichicken gave it up just like 2015.

A system of cells interlinked
NE PATRIOTS!

Saints
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

There is no Pat fan that wouldn't think Indy would be easier to beat than KC, hot streaks or not.
Think that now yes, but not if Indy rolls in there and gives KC a beating, not that I think it'll happen.

Colts - TONGO

Patriots - Cricket, Sedai

Saints - Yoda, mojofilter, Cyberpunk

Chiefs - rauldc14

Rams - seanc

Whoever is right on their guess to win the Super Bowl will get the most coveted rarity of all.........
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	1960s-Marvel-No-Prize.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	50827  

Oh I almost forgot - poor Cody Parkey! The NFL is saying it's a blocked kick now. Never thought the Eagles would get past the Bears, and was wrong on the outcome of every game this past weekend. That Bears loss was the most shocking elimination though.

Colts lose to the Chiefs, and Rams beat the Cowboys. Both results actually surprised me, and I haven't been right yet on a playoff outcome. My pick (the Colts) got eliminated.
Oh yeah! That was why I stopped writing up weekly predictions in the Fantasy Football league.

Testing something........I'm picking the Saints to beat the Eagles, and the Patriots to beat the Chargers.