The Endless

Tools    

Turns out the directors behind Resolution, Spring, etc. have done it again with a new film called The Endless. Which is currently making the festival rounds and slaying it! There are already several promos out, saw one and that was enough for me. I'm trying to go into it with as little information as possible, so if you'd like more info unfortunately you're on your own. What I do know is that it's a Horror/Thriller/Sci-Fi extravaganza about a cult and I. Can't. Wait. 😆

Just read that the movie was picked up by Well Go USA and will have an official release in early 2018. 2018! Ugh. I guess I should be happy that it was picked up for distribution at all.

Necro!

Looks like Netflix bought this. I saw it last night. It's quite good!
. I like the first half better than the second, and there's a brilliant movie in here, potentially, even if the end result doesn't meet that potential, but it's still really well-made.

For the most part I liked it, it just wasn't as good as I was expecting. But I thought it was pretty cool how they
WARNING: spoilers below
connected it to Resolution
Didn't see that coming, ha.

I didn't care for it personally, and I think like MonnoM, it was due to high expectations. I had heard good things and was really hoping for something as interesting as Primer and Coherence, something that made use of it's low budget so well and managed to do something really mindwarp-y. Those movies do such a good job of making you forget this science-fiction high-concept movie you're watching is actually low-budget, but here it stuck out too much as a detriment for me.

It's not without some charm - I like the moment that introduces the tent, as well as some others laced throughout - but I thought it didn't end up making the most of what was/could have been an interesting concept.

A system of cells interlinked
I liked this one quite a bit. I liked both Spring and Resolution, as well, so I will be keeping an eye out for these guys in future.