Movie Trivia You Think Is Interesting?

Tools    

The movie Troy (2004) was fraught with filming difficulties, including one accident that proved fatal for body builder George Camilleri (he died of complications after breaking his leg during an action scene).

But among the most ironic of accidents was one that occurred where Brad Pitt tore his Achilles tendon.
He was playing...
Achilles!

I don't know, but I do know that like his character in Tootsie, Hoffman has a reputation for being "difficult."
I think Danny DeVitos eccentric actor character from Get Shorty was based off Dustin Hoffman, I think.

Brad Dourif (from Chucky fame) was considered to play The Joker in Batman (1989).

Also, they only asked Robin Williams to play The Joker so they could use him as bait to get Jack Nicholson. They told Jack Robin's going to play him if you aren't (since Jack refused at first). Jack accepted, which offended Williams. After which, he demanded an apology from the studio.

In the movie Expendables 2, Jean Claude kicked Liam Hemsworth for real (though it didn't make the film). Hemsworth sank to his knees- the breath knocked from him. Jean Claude took off his sunglasses, and told Hemsworth saying, "That was a controlled kick."

In pitch black all of the desert scenes where done in near zero temperatures. In order to make it look like a hot summer day the cast had to be misted with water to make them look like they were sweating for the entire film.

I just sat and watch Bill And Ted's Excellent Adventure, and picked up on something.

Near the end, when Mr Ryan (the History teacher) is addressing the school just before Bill and Ted interrupt him with their arrival, he refers to the two teachers sitting next to him as "Mr Ward and Mrs Roe".

The character played by Pam Grier in Bogus Journey was called Ms Wardroe.

Now there's some trivia that even IMDb doesn't have

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"

In No Retreat, No Surrender, Jean-Claude Van Damme actually knocked out martial artist and co-star Peter Cunningham with a spinning kick. They had to do it twice because in the first take, Van Damme actually broke character to see if Cunningham was okay, angering director Corey Yuen. They did it again and Van Damme went full force, actually knocking out Cunningham, which is what is seen in the final film.

In Snake in the Eagle's Shadow, if you notice that Jackie Chan has a bit of a gap in his mouth, as seen in the photo above, there is good reason. Villain actor Hwang Jung-Lee accidentally kicked Chan in the mouth during their fight scene, knocking a tooth out. Chan didn't get mad but instead was impressed with Hwang's kicks. So much that the two had a rematch in Drunken Master.

There's a scene in the 1979 Best Picture Kramer VS Kramer where Dustin Hoffman storms out of a restaurant after a meeting with Meryl Streep where slams a glass of wine against the wall before walking out. This was something Hoffman and director Robert Benton planned without telling Meryl Streep because they wanted a natural reaction from herer.

Welcome to the human race...
Clint Eastwood, Eli Wallach, and Lee Van Cleef were originally supposed to play the three gunslingers who wait at the train station during the opening scene of Once Upon a Time in the West - the idea being that Harmonica killing the three leads of one of the most iconic Westerns would symbolise Leone "killing" the Western genre he'd made such an impact on.

Something that I discovered recently:

Michael Rennie played a villain in The Invaders (1967) and I thought that was a really clever bit of casting, relating back to his role in The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951). Even cleverer is the following detail – in the episode I saw, "Summit Meeting", the plot concerns the Invaders raising Earth's radiation level so that they can cast themselves as our saviours; they will provide an antidote in return for an end to humans fighting each other, but their real intent is to murder world leaders. This offer echoes Klaatu's ultimatum in the aforementioned film.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
During the movie, "Something Wild" you can see NY billboards advertising the movies. I saw the names, "Humphrey Bogart" and (surprisingly) Vittorio De Sica (maybe for his role in General Della Rovere), Jimmy Stewart, etc.

Just noticed that Val Kilmer played Wyatt Earp in a 2012 film, Wyatt Earp's Revenge. As a Tombstone fan, that's very weird .