Dances with wolves

Tools    

Just rewatched what I thought was the extended version of Dances with Wolves but the ending was not what I remember from the original. In this version they left the tribe as the soldiers were closing in. Maybe I am losing my memory but I felt the original ending had them going with the tribe, she had a baby and both she and the baby were killed but I can't remember the rest. Did I just imagine that or was there still more to that movie. Thanks for any help.

Either you imagined it or you're confusing it with another movie. It always ended with Dunbar and Stands With A Fist leaving on their own while Wind in His Hair yells to them.

This reminds me the first time I saw The Quick and The Dead and I though I saw Sharon Stone blowing Russell Crowe, but then years later I saw the movie and that scene didn't came out, I was sad - was that just my young fertile imagination? Later I fond the scene. Happy!

This reminds me the first time I saw The Quick and The Dead and I though I saw Sharon Stone blowing Russell Crowe, but then years later I saw the movie and that scene didn't came out, I was sad - was that just my young fertile imagination? Later I fond the scene. Happy!
From what I understand, that scene appears in some cuts of the film but not all. It's not in the American release, so I've never seen it.

Yeah Sharon grabbing his cheeks definitely happened

Just rewatched what I thought was the extended version of Dances with Wolves but the ending was not what I remember from the original. In this version they left the tribe as the soldiers were closing in. Maybe I am losing my memory but I felt the original ending had them going with the tribe, she had a baby and both she and the baby were killed but I can't remember the rest. Did I just imagine that or was there still more to that movie. Thanks for any help.
Maybe it was a deleted scene/alternate ending?

she had a baby and both she and the baby were killed but I can't remember the rest. Did I just imagine that or was there still more to that movie.
As a little girl, she was the survivor of a massacre by a different tribe. Were you remembering that?

Jeremiah Johnson had his wife and the boy killed by the Indians because of his trespassing on their sacred land.