2018 NFL PickEm League

Tools    

So far am 3-0 with Giants and Rams left of my picks for week 15. Staying away from Steelers and Pats because Pats should win but Steelers need the win more. Cause game loosing streak is a playoff killer cause Ravens can win out and steal steelers spot and 7 looses is bad for a wild card team with allot other teams around there.
I'm not picking on you. I just see it so often that I'm starting to wonder if I'm missing something. Is lose just a very commonly misspelled word? I see it everywhere as loose.

Is lose just a very commonly misspelled word? I see it everywhere as loose.
Yep very commonly misspelt, see it all the time nowadays.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
They still aren't that good to be honest. Although I've been a bit impressed with the defense. Just beating bad teams mainly.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
It concerns me that the majority of the money is on NE yet the line hasn't budged off 2.5.

That game and the Packers game are the two my gut says will lose, but I pick anyways.

The Packers and their mess on the road versus that defense seems like a guaranteed loss. I just kinda feel like Trubisky is due to lose a game for the Bears in light of that D.

The Steelers are kinda in swoon with no proven running back and a defense that is sputtering. The Patriots braintrust and superior gameplanning should easily win, but that Dolphin game happened in light of any miracle play and still just don't feel like the Patriots have much other than their D this year.

Then again, my record shows I have no clue what I'm talking bout'.

so whatcha think of the browns
A lot of young talent and cap room, and finally it looks like there's some stability within the organization. They appear to be a team on the rise. Pat's OC Josh McDaniels is a perennial rumored coaching candidate, and I've heard a lot of talk on if Cleveland or Green Bay would be a more attractive destination. It seems that most people believe it's Cleveland and that says a lot.

Re: today's game. Steeler win wouldn't surprise me at all. The RB situation is insane, but it's insane to think they were able to start 7-2-1 without Bell to begin with, so who knows. Advanced metrics are in tune with the line in this one, could totally go either way. Kinda funny listening to other Steeler fans I know on Facebook, though, who are totally fatalistic about it. But then, they usually are. They get disgusted with the team really easily and just generally care way too much.

Re: Browns. Yeah, I thought they'd sneak up on people this year. I think everyone seems to have understood that, unless you ascribe spooky mystical powers to the jerseys, there was every reason to think this team had turned a corner and would be good in a few years, and across sports you often see up-and-coming teams like that surprise everyone by being a year ahead of "schedule," so to speak. It just happened with the Braves in baseball, and the Astros before that.

Fast-forward two and three years and if Roethsliberger is retired (or at the point where he probably should retire) and Brown is maybe on the downward slope...yeah, this division could be theirs for awhile. We'll see. We've had false alarms like that before (Ravens, Bengals) where people figured the Steelers were finally going to let go of the North for awhile and didn't, but surviving the loss of a HoF QB is a lot harder than all the other turnover they've maintained this standard through.

I'm not picking on you. I just see it so often that I'm starting to wonder if I'm missing something. Is lose just a very commonly misspelled word? I see it everywhere as loose.
I looked this whole thing up just to check and weither I am right or not i dont really care. Not no new york times best writer. Just too me Loosing sounds better with two O's to it. Now it is strange Lose and Loss are not spelled the same but in a since mean the same thing.
Its like the There's for me I generally just pick a their in normal writing so i likely long the way just picked a loose and mine is this way. In sport context i am sure most dont think i mean loosening bolts but an out come of game.

Ha. I swear I didn't see the post before mine. Or look at the lines, actually.

dd: given any thought to having people send their picks in privately the last few weeks, since there's the possibility for a couple meaningless weeks if someone wants to mirror picks to maintain a lead? Might not work if there are multiple people in a pile-up, but there are some pretty plausible scenarios where it just automatically makes whoever leads near the end the winner, if they decide to get all cagey.

Week: Nearly there

Browns
Eagles
Patriots
Rams
Vikings

As I seem to have lost all my points (some people will obviously do anything to not finish behind someone who is just a once-a-year watcher ) I really need a full house this week if I am to claw my way back to finish level with Camo and rescue some shred of pride

Ha. I swear I didn't see the post before mine. Or look at the lines, actually.
Last week I came into the thread to post and I saw that you already picked the same 5 games as well. I picked 2 different and 1 ended up losing. It could have went the other way but it wasn't to be. I'll change 1 or 2 this week too.

Nah, pick what you want. If they're the best picks they're the best picks, so be it.

I do think having people PM their picks the last few weeks makes sense, though.

Well. I decided to not copy cricket's picks about 2 weeks in, in light of whatever success I pined for. I think it's on the people. I don't care, but posting your picks at the beginning of the week never made sense. Granted you guys know more than I do, but I don't see the benefit. I would wait until right before kickoff.

Plus, cricket's gonna win anyways. I'd rather you guys see him hand it to you in public. Take solace in him dealing with the fall of the Bill Bradian empire and a decade + of success coming to an end. Or not. muwhahaha.

If my life depended on it I'd wait until Thursday night each time, but meh. Bigger risk is forgetting, so I do it any time from Tuesday onward when it occurs to me and I have a minute.

@Yoda @cricket @Siddon

If you guys wanna pm picks, I'm fine with it. I realize no one really cares about this league, but I prefer the public picks so there is no question of impropriety...especially given my fondness and admiration for cricket's superhero abilities in the gambling arts and my own lack of time invested in checking and double checking for accuracy.

I don't really see myself doing this next year, but if I did, that would be why I would do the "all teams picked" method. Granted, you could still just copy each other, but I like the forecasting strategy that would be involved. I know you guys screamed for points, but that would only seem to widen the gap the rounders have. I am fascinated by how you guys seem to nail the picks though. I feel like Yoda has a bunch of spreadsheets and fivethirtyeight articles up while digesting the data and cricket is reading 20 different local papers from across the country.