Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

MEDITATION, CREATIVITY, PEACE (2012) DAVID LYNCH

Funny, I was not aware of this Transcendental meditation technique created by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi in the 50's, some say is being practiced for 5000-6000 years. I did a little research, guess this practice belong to a institute now that charges $2000 to learn the basics and $10000 for advanced techniques, guess they lost me there, I'll keep my Alan Watts simplistic meditation. Now I know the reason why so many business & TV celebrities doing this meditation, paying for a super power they might think.
You don't need to be a fan of meditation to watch this documentary, David Lynch perspectives about various subjects, from art to his creative process are wonderful to watch, a person with a very clear and gestural form of communication, I adore it. I think is fairly common for questioners and "developed minds" to try to achieve a spiritual answer to our existence, they do it sooner or later, David fond in TM some kind of answer.

P.S. He didn't answered the mystery of how me made Eraserhead baby.
WARNING: spoilers below
P.S.2 If you're interested in TM and don't want to give money to some foundation, the best material is in here, here and here.
P.S.3 Many studies (the movement has tried to suppress) have found that approximately 40% of the people who practice TM develop adverse effects. This meditation consists in memorizing a mantra, a word like "Mike" and repeating it in your head, it becomes subconscious, you will be more tranquilized (like masturbation or a very hot bath) that's a fact, but this is also a drug, you will get addicted and you will become addicted to thought. It's like cannabis, you can become addicted when you prefer the state of stoned to the state of real life.

I usually don’t watch movies that relate to strife in Ireland, whether it be the fighting among themselves or conflicts with the British. But this movie is rather good. Excellent acting from everyone involved, especially the lead actor of whom I have never heard.

When my Netflix dvd arrived, my heart sank when I saw it was a Woody Allen movie. Haven’t finished a movie of his for years. But Joaquin Phoenix & Emma Stone were so good I did finish the movie. Daft story really, but I enjoyed it.
Jimmy's Hall is a great little film.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
Diamonds are forever

Connery bond. Haven’t seen other Connery entries in some time other than goldfinger which is special. This is a silly one but it’s good fun. Has a lot of charm but nothing to take seriously. Reminded me of a Roger Moore Bond, maybe Connery should be given credit for starting that era.

Plot is diamonds, smuggler, mystery type then goes full maniacal villain and world domination Austin power dr evil plot. Worth watching for fun.

3/5

Enjoyed it a lot this time around. Probably my favourite viewing of all the times I've viewed it.

First time watch (since it had gotten such ****ty reviews I thought it could wait until I couldn't think of anything else to watch).

Well. I loved it. And Sheri Moon Zombie reminded me a lot of Jamie Lee Curtis in this.

A
at least.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…

My favorite and yet I don't even remember that cast. Well, I was a kid. John Saxon. Forgot about him in these, contrast to being one of Bruce Lee's running buddies. Good stuff.

My favorite and yet I don't even remember that cast. Well, I was a kid. John Saxon. Forgot about him in these, contrast to being one of Bruce Lee's running buddies. Good stuff.
John Saxon's like a bit of a staple in a lot of B movies.

Cannonball Run (1981) >> 4.5/10

ENOUGH SAID (2013) NICOLE HOLOFCENER
This is one of the best romantic movies I've ever saw, though, I didn't yet watched a lot of them, at least, script-wise is gorgeous, the content is great. This is a story about how your attraction to someones personality, life-style, life philosophies and general behavior can lead you to a weird kind of glorification to a point where you share there opinions without questioning. This movie lead this to a extreme case: love. If someone you idolaters doesn't like someone that you deeply enjoy can you accept your own perspective without insecurities?
'Preciate the suggestion. This is an enjoyable PG-13 film. It's a "chick flick" to be sure, but the chemistry between James Gandolphini and Julia Louis-Dreyfus is very good.

Louis-Dreyfus can portray a wide range of emotions, and can easily slip into comedy. Enough Said is a well done adult-themed comedy with a gratifying ending.

~Doc

High Plains Drifter (1973)

Haven't seen this since I was a lad and managed to record it the other night. It's held up really well. The foreboding and malevolent tone of the film is spot on. The townspeople caught between the need for the potent stranger and a want to get rid of him and their dirty secret forever. The music (when it comes to Jefferey Lewis' bunch of ne'er do wells) is funky and spaced out. It ages but enhances the movie. Some wooden acting aside a great film.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
'Preciate the suggestion. This is an enjoyable PG-13 film. It's a "chick flick" to be sure, but the chemistry between James Gandolphini and Julia Louis-Dreyfus is very good.

Louis-Dreyfus can portray a wide range of emotions, and can easily slip into comedy. Enough Said is a well done adult-themed comedy with a gratifying ending.

~Doc
I remember staying at a motel for a couple of months, and one of the 10 channels was an HBO, and would always play this movie.. I saw it about 3 times, and liked it. 7/10

_____ is the most important thing in my life…

The Favourite (2018)

Not my cup of tea.

Hellboy (2004)

I was always interested in this and I finally watched it since it's eligible for the horror countdown, even though it's definitely not a horror movie. I like director Guillermo Del Toro, and he shows off his considerable skill, but I never cared about what was going on. On the plus side, Hellboy is a very cool character and Ron Perlman was a great choice to play him. It was alright.

The Deep Blue Sea (Terence Davies, 2011)

Sadly there's no pearl in this oyster

Snooze factor rating = Zzz

[Snooze Factor Ratings]:
Z = didn't nod off at all
Zz = nearly nodded off but managed to stay alert
Zzz = nodded off and missed some of the film but went back to watch what I missed
Zzzz = nodded off and missed some of the film but went back to watch what I missed but nodded off again at the same point and therefore needed to go back a number of times before I got through it...
Zzzzz = nodded off and missed some or the rest of the film but was not interested enough to go back over it

Trash Humpers (2009)

Enjoyable and creepy. Korine's a strange one that's for sure.

6/10.

Destination Wedding (2018)

Hereditary (2018)

Enders Game

Do you know what a roller pigeon is, Barney? They climb high and fast, then roll over and fall just as fast toward the earth. There are shallow rollers and deep rollers. You can’t breed two deep rollers, or their young will roll all the way down, hit, and die. Officer Starling is a deep roller, Barney. We should hope one of her parents was not.