Name The musician/singer

Tools    

Solo artist. Died (too ) young in a plane crash. Would have been better if he had just stayed where he was, sitting on the dock of the bay.

Good clue...Otis Redding

You got it Gideon. Your turn.

No clue. Or is it Joyce (something) the NY operate singer? Italian name starting with “d”.

She's a Broadway belter...won a Tony Award for the musical Passion and, purely coincidentally, her first name does start with a "D".

Name of this band just popped into my head - I think it's The Searchers.

[quote=Citizen Rules;1975429] I know who that is! I just don't know how to spell his last name, so it's money for nothing![/QUOTE

Lol

Yowza that was quick @Citizen Rules ! - and you're at the head of the line in the walk of life. Tell ya what- if you can give me his first name I' ll spell his last and give you the turn. . Or even if you know the name of his (former ) band.

It's Mark Knoplf (sp?) formerly of Dire Straights. A band I never got to see in concert It would have been cool to see them though, I love a lot of their songs. I have to eat dinner in like a few minutes so you can post another.

It's Mark Knoplf (sp?) formerly of Dire Straights. A band I never got to see in concert It would have been cool to see them though, I love a lot of their songs. I have to eat dinner in like a few minutes so you can post another.

You got it @Citizen Rules - the man - Mark Knopfler - and band- and ditto from me on loving their songs. Though the band is no more, I believe Mark is on a solo tour for 2019, in case you'd like to see him. Very very talented guy -an A list guitarist and with great taste in songs. The upbeat, unforgettable riff from Walk of Life seems like music you were born hearing. .

If CR doesn't have time to post one, I suggest an open floor - maybe @Gideon58 wants a turn.