Frankenstein is 200 years old

Tools    

The novel was first released in 1818. What are your favorite Frankenstein-related movies?
I don't think I have a favourite to be honest . Possibly the original RoboCop.

Having once been a Doctor Who fan for many years there are a couple of stories that were influenced by that novel – The Brain of Morbius being one. In the Big Finish audios they also had Mary Shelley travelling with Paul McGann's Eighth Doctor for a number of stories, with a few nods to Frankenstein in their first meeting and in The Silver Turk, which involved the Cybermen, who themselves could be seen not only as modern mummies but as a version of Shelley's monster.

This might just do nobody any good.
Big fan of the comedic take from the early 70s.

Y’know, the one with the gallbladders.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Does anyone agree there is still yet to be a great adaptation of Frankenstein? The 30s one was iconic, but not great, as it does have it's flaws, and the 90s one is closer to the book, but feels rushed overall. I wish they would make a really good adaptation for once.

Does anyone agree there is still yet to be a great adaptation of Frankenstein? The 30s one was iconic, but not great, as it does have it's flaws, and the 90s one is closer to the book, but feels rushed overall. I wish they would make a really good adaptation for once.
Watch Penny Dreadful.

Exceptional. By the 3rd episode of the first season you'll know your wish was granted.