My Favorite Adam Sandler Performances

Tools    

OK. let's calm down before we start hurling tomatoes. I've been putting off this list for a long time because there's a lot of hate on this site about this guy and I was afraid that posting such a list would just become a dumping ground for more Sandler hate. So before I begin, I would humbly like to request that Sandler haters please keep your hate to yourself and don't clog up my list with it. You are certainly entitled to your opinion on this subject, which I have read ad nauseum here, please allow me mine. I think I have seen enough of his work to make a decent list and I'll allow you to post what films you'd like to see here as well and if I know the film will not be on the list, I won't keep you in suspense and let you know immediately...OK....like it or not, here come my favorite performances of the very funny Adam Sandler:

I used to think this guy was stupid, but I’ve changed my mind over the years. I am SHOCKED that you, of all people, celebrate him.

I used to think this guy was stupid, but I’ve changed my mind over the years. I am SHOCKED that you, of all people, celebrate him.
Nice to still be able to shock people, but a good look at my review thread would have revealed long ago that I am a Sandler fan...yeah, I said it.

Davey Stone, Eight Crazy Nights

If I'm going to piss off a bunch of buffs, I thought I shouldn't waste anytime. Yes, the character is animated but his voice and his look are supplied by Sandler. Davey is alcoholic loser who hates everyone and everything related to Chanukah due to a childhood tragedy. This character is no angel and that's one of the reasons I had to include him on this list. Davey gets my vote for being one of the few leading characters in an animated film without a single redeeming quality.

Carmine, The Coneheads

Sandler only had one scene in the film, but he made it count. He was very funny as a con artist who supplies a new identity for Beldar (Dan Aykroyd) so that he can get a job.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I'm not a fan of Adam Sandler, but I don't hate him. I've only seen a handful of his movies, and I liked a few of them. (I'm probably the only person in the world who liked Pixels.)

Skeeter Bronson, Bedtime Stories

It's not a great movie, but Sandler was quite charming as a hotel handyman who tells elaborate bedtime stories to his niece and nephew that come to life right before their eyes.

Donny, That's My Boy

Sandler's a little over the top but still funny in this improbable comedy about a loser who had an affair with a teacher when he was in junior high school which resulted in a pregnancy. An adult Donny attempts to reconnect with his son (Andy Samberg) when he learns that his son has announced his engagement.

George Simmons, Funny People

Sandler actually gives a solid performance in this forgotten comedy-drama playing a standup comedian who learns that he has a terminal illness. Sandler's performance was really the only thing that made this film worth watching.

The truth is in here
I absolutely hated That's My Boy and thought Sandler was awful in it. It turned me off him for a very long time, until I saw the hilarious Anger Management, which made me remember again how funny and likable he can be in the right roles. I'm hoping that one makes the list.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

Skeeter Bronson, Bedtime Stories

It's not a great movie, but Sandler was quite charming as a hotel handyman who tells elaborate bedtime stories to his niece and nephew that come to life right before their eyes.

I thought Bedtime Stories was a very cute movie, and after seeing a few of his goofier movies, it was one of the reasons that I decided to give Adam Sandler a second chance.

I don't see myself watching too many of these films. I've seen a couple of Sandler's older movies and they were kinda of funny. I actually prefer Will Ferrel to Adam Sandler.

I don't see myself watching too many of these films. I've seen a couple of Sandler's older movies and they were kinda of funny. I actually prefer Will Ferrel to Adam Sandler.
I know you're not a Sandler fan, Citizen, you never read any of the reviews of his films that I've written and that's OK, I haven't done a Will Ferrell list yet, LOL!

Zohan, You Don't Mess with the Zohan

This outrageous and logic defying comedy found Sandler playing an Israel Special Forces soldier who fakes his death so that he can pursue his real dream of becoming a hair stylist. There's nothing realistic about this film, but Sandler really appears to be enjoying himself.

Jim, Blended

Sandler plays a single dad who falls for a single mom (Drew Barrymore) who he has a blind date with and is then reunited with her at a resort in Africa.

Rock music and action movie obsessed guy,
I know you're not a Sandler fan, Citizen, you never read any of the reviews of his films that I've written and that's OK, I haven't done a Will Ferrell list yet, LOL!
Are you going to have Bulletproof on the list?