Shawshank Redemption - I need your help!

Tools    

Hi guys, i'm here asking your help!
I've to do a project for my uni. I have to analyze in a deep way "the Shawshank Redemption"(my favourite movie).

I've to find the style and the thought of Frank Darabont throught the scenes.. i mean like analyze some frame of that movie. ( colors, shot, prospective.. and stuff like that)
Someone of you guys have some Tips or some Link that can help me?

I know that you guys are expert and passionate about movies, i'll be very grateful if someone will help me.

Thanks before, have a nice day!!

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I can try to help, as I went to film school and am trying to break into the industry myself. Could you be more specific as to what in the movie you are studying, cause your description is overall vague or broad, if you don't mind me saying .

I can try to help, as I went to film school and am trying to break into the industry myself. Could you be more specific as to what in the movie you are studying, cause your description is overall vague or broad, if you don't mind me saying .
Hi man! thanks for the answer!
i have to pick up like 15 frames of the movie (the most important frames) and analyze them.
i have to talk about colors, shot, and I have to talk about Frank Darabont's thought...
I have to say for example why he used that kind of shot or colors instead another one..
I hope you got me.. and sorry, I'm still not really good at English

Hi guys, i'm here asking your help!
I've to do a project for my uni. I have to analyze in a deep way "the Shawshank Redemption"(my favourite movie).

I've to find the style and the thought of Frank Darabont throught the scenes.. i mean like analyze some frame of that movie. ( colors, shot, prospective.. and stuff like that)
Someone of you guys have some Tips or some Link that can help me?

I know that you guys are expert and passionate about movies, i'll be very grateful if someone will help me.

Thanks before, have a nice day!!
You won't learn unless you do it yourself...Go watch the movie and take notes, then think about what you just seen, then go watch it again. We can't do your homework for you.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Oh okay. It's for me to pick 15 for something like that myself, cause I consider every frame of a movie to be important, perhaps all equally.

The shot taken from high above pointed straight down at Andy after his escape is my favorite shot personally, and I also really like the shot taken from inside the escape tunnel moving back. Those ones came to mind first.

As for color, this is just me opinion, and this answer probably won't help, but I think a lot of the choices were just personal preference as to what they thought looked good photogenically I think.

The movie likes to use a lot of whites and blues, but I think it's because it was very common in the 90s to do that, kind of like today how a lot movies like to use oranges and greens. It was just the 90s style as far as color goes I feel.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Just pick some iconic moments (arms open in rain, hole in wall, etc) and talk about them. Use some critical thinking about why they are framed the way they are. Give some opinions.

Suspect's Reviews

You won't learn unless you do it yourself...Go watch the movie and take notes, then think about what you just seen, then go watch it again. We can't do your homework for you.
U didn't get me bro.. I was just asking for some tips.. I didn't ask you for do that!!
Anyway thanks for your answer!!

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
You should focus a lot of your attention on the opening and end credits. These really are the most important aspects of a film. The opening credit set the tone for the whole film and the end credits close the show. Look at the duration, the font size and type for example times new Roman could be a film about a Roman holiday. If the font size is small but bolded it could mean the holiday is brief but intense.

You should focus a lot of your attention on the opening and end credits. These really are the most important aspects of a film. The opening credit set the tone for the whole film and the end credits close the show. Look at the duration, the font size and type for example times new Roman could be a film about a Roman holiday. If the font size is small but bolded it could mean the holiday is brief but intense.
Thank you Larry, I'll focus on this things as well!!!!

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
Thank you Larry, I'll focus on this things as well!!!!
Personally I wouldn’t. I had a wine or two when I wrote that.

Personally I wouldn’t. I had a wine or two when I wrote that.
ahahaha usually the drunks always tell the truth!