Kevin Hart dumped as Academy host

Tools    

lol, I posted my thoughts akin to my earlier post on another site. Then someone came out of the woodwork to say I'm defending toxic masculinity which has been established by the patriarchy.

We sure do live in a society.
Vice President
358 Exchange Place New York, N.Y. 10099 FAX 212 555 6390 TELEX : () 4534

Well it's been a while, they could unwrap his magical mummy bandages, and get Billy Crystal to host again

Having said all that, his twitter posts are absolutely immature. It seems like something I’d do back when I was 14.
good thing your 15 now

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
A comedian should never have to say sorry about his jokes except if the excuse was: "they weren't good enough".

It's disgusting all the sensible PC brigade nowadays... Just put Ricky Gervais or Louis CK so the host is actually funny this year.

Welcome to the human race...
Counter-point: homophobic jokes are not good enough and putting a known predator like C.K. on hosting duties a year after making a big song and dance about rejecting Hollywood predators would be an even worse look than having kept Hart.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I can only wish Diceman could host, uncensored and with smoke in hand. Maybe then the easily offended would shrivel up and go away.

Hick-oh-ry dick-oh-ry dock;
I can agree with thot.
Hey. Had to make it rhyme.
*thumbs cigarette*
Cuz all 'dos ****ing mice; running around the kitchen n ****.

Ey-oh!

If we have to pick dudes who were in A Star Is Born, I'd rather take Chappelle. He's long been on a list of people I'd like to see host the thing, but I know it's not his style.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Well, he'd have a smoke in his hand.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Counter-point: homophobic jokes are not good enough and putting a known predator like C.K. on hosting duties a year after making a big song and dance about rejecting Hollywood predators would be an even worse look than having kept Hart.
Branding a whole theme of jokes "not good enough" does not make sense. A joke can be great or not great, no matter what's it about.

Yeah, the only ones who should say sorry is who choses obvious oscarbaits to win awards just because they deal with social justice themes, independently of their quality. Putting a guy like CK hosting it would hv been fun for a change and would judge people by their ability doing their job solely. Bonus: it would be interesting watching him trying to win the room, being a known "predator".

Bonus: it would be interesting watching him trying to win the room, being a known "predator".

Theres something about the way you said this

Branding a whole theme of jokes "not good enough" does not make sense. A joke can be great or not great, no matter what's it about.

Yeah, the only ones who should say sorry is who choses obvious oscarbaits to win awards just because they deal with social justice themes, independently of their quality. Putting a guy like CK hosting it would hv been fun for a change and would judge people by their ability doing their job solely. Bonus: it would be interesting watching him trying to win the room, being a known "predator".
It makes sense when the "theme" is that of jokes that are inherently discriminatory towards marginalised groups. The reason I said they're not good enough is because any spontaneous humour to be found in the jokes can't cancel out the implications about the attitudes it champions and appeals to, thereby undermining the idea that said jokes can ever be truly great. That makes more sense than saying "this known sexual predator deserves a high-profile gig over virtually every single one of his peers because he's just so talented that he might be able to convince people to disregard his past behaviour".

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts-...yny-hollywood/
No other human in history has the living standard of the western female. All the conveniences and technologies that women rely on daily are (for the most part) invented, implemented, and maintained by men. Firefighters, police officers, front line troops, all reflexively throwing themselves between women and danger, creating layer after layer of protection - a cocoon of comfort and safety. Same goes for their husbands, who should ideally provide for their wife and kids as much as possible; for that's what real men do.

And what do women do? They denounce men, they denigrate them. They condemn them as oppressors, and as rapacious sexual deviants. They look at the marvel of 21st century western civilization and claim it is a failure. The staggering ingratitude leaves me speechless. After all the sacrifices and contributions men have made throughout the centuries, how can women dismiss it as if it was all trivial, then call all of us monsters? People like this would kill every man on earth, and still blame the patriarchy for all their problems.

And in a world where Kevin Hart is removed from the Oscars, and his career is nearly ruined due to a stand-up routine that's an exaggeration of what a lot of fathers think; the humor being in that the overly masculine hetero father is getting upset at his 5 year old son - someone who's far away from fully developing as you could possibly be - for doing something a "man" or male wouldn't normally do; fat Tom Cruise wearing dorky shades and turtle neck - is actually considered as a possible host for the show?

If you guys honestly consider this as an option, Academy: then congrats, enjoy the lowest ratings in the history of your ceremony.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Please let it be Ricky Gervais.

Not a fan of his GGlobe work? I thought he was pretty much the GOAT award show host.

The Mel Gibson stuff MEGALOL