UFC / MMA Random Thoughts

Tools    

Is there anybody in the UFC that CM Punk CAN beat?! Who would lose to him?
I think he could demolish the women's divisions quite efficiently

Seriously though I don't really think he has that much to offer to MMA, especially on UFC level. I don't know how much money he's made in his wrestling career but if he just wants to fight he'd probably be better fit to some smaller organization.

I think he could demolish the women's divisions quite efficiently

Seriously though I don't really think he has that much to offer to MMA, especially on UFC level. I don't know how much money he's made in his wrestling career but if he just wants to fight he'd probably be better fit to some smaller organization.
Yeah I think CM got a reality check with his dreams of starting a MMA career. I don't know how much money he's worth he might retire, but he would probably make more money in pro wrestling when his contract is up even though it won't be as big as it used to be.

Was sad to see Chuck Liddell beat so easily by Tito Ortiz, even though Ortiz was fighting scared for the first round.

Omg I sure hope not. I would think Chuck would motivate himself to do whatever is possible to make sure he would not lose that fight.

Let the night air cool you off
Chuck's def not in the UFC. His fight with Tito was an Oscar De La Hoya show. CM Punk could only beat women in the UFC and not even all the women.

This was Dana White's opinion after, colourful language but made me laugh

CM Punk shouldn't be fighting in the UFC yet, he's kinda embarrassing himself imo

CM Punk shouldn't be fighting in the UFC yet, he's kinda embarrassing himself imo
I can honestly say that Dana White is probably one of the top five interviews in sports over the past 30 years, I love listening to him.

I was wrong I thought it got to the second round but Tito knocked him out in the first.

Who's the best fighter in the UFC right now out of all the weight divisions? Completely been out of touch the past 5 years. The last I followed it, Anderson Silva was "the man"

I can honestly say that Dana White is probably one of the top five interviews in sports over the past 30 years, I love listening to him.

I was wrong I thought it got to the second round but Tito knocked him out in the first.

Who's the best fighter in the UFC right now out of all the weight divisions? Completely been out of touch the past 5 years. The last I followed it, Anderson Silva was "the man"
Holloway just had an epic with Ortega, could open the door for a McGregor title fight. Khabib totally ragdolled McGregor so as GSP would say "his stock is high". Cormier is both HW and LHW champ but with a Jon Jones asterisk. Woodley is dominant but boring.
I'd say Khabib for pound for pound but nobody is like Silva was really, he was on another level

Holloway just had an epic with Ortega, could open the door for a McGregor title fight. Khabib totally ragdolled McGregor so as GSP would say "his stock is high". Cormier is both HW and LHW champ but with a Jon Jones asterisk. Woodley is dominant but boring.
I'd say Khabib for pound for pound but nobody is like Silva was really, he was on another level
Who would be in your MMA Mount Rushmore? I guess mine would be Randy Coutre, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, and Fedor.

p4p right now for me is

1. Jones
2. Khabib
3. Cormier
4. Dillashaw
5. Holloway
6. Whittaker
7. Cyborg
8. Ferguson
9. Shevchenko
10. Woodley
11. Nunes
12. Cejudo
13. Poirier
14. Gastelum
15. McGregor

Rushmore

Rutten - Fedor - GSP - Jones

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I just watched the Liddell-Ortiz fight. Wow, who made this happen? Liddell looked like he was in no condition to fight. Could barely muster a punch.

I met him in Montreal at a restaurant. He was a nice guy.

Suspect's Reviews

I just watched the Liddell-Ortiz fight. Wow, who made this happen? Liddell looked like he was in no condition to fight. Could barely muster a punch.

I met him in Montreal at a restaurant. He was a nice guy.
He was never the same after the Rashad Evans fight, Ortiz III was just sad, didn't wanna watch it but couldn't help myself.
Chuck would be my number one choice for Rushmore as he was the fighter that got me hooked, Gracie, Couture and Silva for the rest if it's 4 faces, special mention for Spencer Fisher though

Yeah Royce Gracie nudges out BJ Penn, and I think I'm gonna punt Fedor off of mine too.

New MMA mount rushmore - Randy Coutre, Anderson Silva, Royce Gracie, and Dana White.

It's been an interesting week for the UFC, Jones tested positive for the substance he was banned for, it was a tiny spec (a picogram, which is like if you cut a grain of salt into 50,000 pieces or something) so the whole event has been moved to LA as Nevada wouldn't sanction the fight. Ok I get that it's still in his system from before and I don't think he's still juicing, but the poor fighters on the same card having to change everything just to accommodate Jones is crazy
Hope Gustafsson smashes his face in..... again

It's been an interesting week for the UFC, Jones tested positive for the substance he was banned for, it was a tiny spec (a picogram, which is like if you cut a grain of salt into 50,000 pieces or something) so the whole event has been moved to LA as Nevada wouldn't sanction the fight. Ok I get that it's still in his system from before and I don't think he's still juicing, but the poor fighters on the same card having to change everything just to accommodate Jones is crazy
Hope Gustafsson smashes his face in..... again

It was a metabolite so it was something in a fat cell that got burned away during his weight cut and revealed itself. Now this tells us he didn't do a test weight cut before this fight so his cardio might have issues.

Three huge cards this weekend lots of great fights, my top fifteen fights of the weekend...

1. Vinny Magahales vs Sean O'Connell (PFL)
2. Amanda Nunes vs Cris Cyborg (UFC)
3. Floyd Mayweather vs Tenshin Nasukawa (RIZIN)
4. Lance Palmer vs Steven Siler (PFL)
5. Jon Jones vs Alexander Gustafsson (UFC)
6. Curtis Millender vs Siyar Bahderzada (UFC:FIGHT PASS)
7. Darrion Caldwell vs Kyoji Horighuchi (RIZIN)
8. Ray Cooper III vs Magomed Magomedkerim (PFL)
9. Natan Shulte vs Rashid Magomedov (PFL)
10. Uriah Hall vs Bevon Lewis (UFC:FIGHT PASS)
11. Gabi Garcia vs Barabara Nepomuceno(RIZIN)
12. Philip Lins vs Josh Copeland (PFL)
13. Abusupiyan Magomedov vs Louis Taylor (PFL)
14. Alex Volkanovksi vs Chad Mendes (UFC)
15. DSdD vs Petr Yan (UFC)