MoFo Fantasy Football 2018 - The Regular Season

Tools    

We another piss poor weekend for my team. Not sure I would have done much different. I mean yeah hindsight I would have, but I was typically on par or ahead on most of my matchups this year as far as "stats" go. Usually within 5 to 10 points on either side of the total estimated points.

Steelers really blew that one tonight, awful officiating in a few clutch plays. They keep it up they wont even make the playoffs.

Was doing pretty well in the first half of games but not so much the second half of games. Oh well.

I'm starting to follow offseason news on Baseball now. It would have been cool to see what my team would have been if I had been allowed to draft first overall, can I get first overall pick in the Fantasy Baseball League? That way it'll even it all out

Think I was kind of an underdog already, but just heard Sanders probably tore his ACL in practice, and Martin might not play, either, as a possible replacement. Be very surprised if I can survive the first round.

Well, it would've been a pretty insane move on paper for Spaulding to start Henry, but if he had he'd already have won our matchups. Good grief, what got into that dude. You know there's a bunch of bubble playoff teams starting him out of RB desperation who get to cruise into the semis now.

Got 10 points out of TEN's defense (how appropriate), which is pretty good, but I think I'm enough of a dog this week that any slot in my lineup that doesn't bust out is probably bad news. But we'll see.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Well,I gave it a good run. Ended on a 10 game losing streak, but if this is how I go out, so be it. Was fun playing all these years. But my Mofo Fantasy Football career has come to an end.

I'll still be in for baseball though no doubt!

In my league I finished the regular season in second place. Started out 3-3 but won the last seven heading into the playoffs.

I had the first position in our draft so I got Gurley. Christian McCaffrey and A.J. Green were my second and third picks.

Those two RBs have carried me nicely all season. I also picked up New England's James White off the waiver wire in Week Three and he has crushed it much more often than not. Had my two top receivers go down to the IR (A.J. Green and Will Fuller) but managed to trade for Tampa's Mike Evans a few weeks back. Plus I have Amari Cooper, who has been money since getting off the frippin' Raiders.

I traded away Phil Rivers to get Evans, which was a risk I felt I had to take at the time. Needed some kind of WR presence (mine is a full PPR league). Carson Wentz was my top QB in the draft, and you all know how inconsistent his season has been. Got Matt Ryan off the waiver wire middle of the year, so I am stuck hoping Ryan or Wentz has enough offense left in the tank to compliment my bad ass RBs.

I should win this first week of the playoffs, but if I do my path to the championship is gonna be tough going forward. But considering this is only the third team I have ever managed in fantasy and that first year I finished tenth out of ten, I'm doing OK.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Nicely done. Good to see you took the plunge.

There'll be an opening or two in this league next year, if you wanna give it a go. Ditto baseball, though that's a different animal in a lot of ways.

Fantasy Baseball is better-er. In my ever so humble opinion. I still think Holds would dig it. Phones are so good now; you don't have to carry your PC around in a backpack anymore to set your lineup. You can just use your handy dandy cellphone.

Yeah, I prefer baseball. Less random. I benefited a little from the randomness this year in football, but usually it's the other way around.

I still think Holds would dig it.
He's even a category!

Well, it would've been a pretty insane move on paper for Spaulding to start Henry, but if he had he'd already have won our matchups. Good grief, what got into that dude. You know there's a bunch of bubble playoff teams starting him out of RB desperation who get to cruise into the semis now.
Yeah, that came out of nowhere. I honestly found the situation pretty amusing. (Apparently someone edited Wikipedia to show Henry as the owner of the Jaguars, which is hilarious.) Can't beat myself up over a line-up decision that was never even in question. I doubt there's any "expert" rankings that had Henry over my other guys this week. If I make the wrong decision in my flex (still haven't made up my mind if I'm starting Ingram/Miller there or Edelman), and I lose because of it, I'll be annoyed at myself, but nobody in the world would've predicted almost 50 pts. from Derrick freakin' Henry.

Trying to look on the bright side. If I get the win (which I think is a much bigger question mark than Yoda is making it out to be), I now have another useful RB to possibly plug into my lineup. Although it wouldn't surprise me if Henry follows up this monster game with his usual 4 fantasy points.

If I get the win (which I think is a much bigger question mark than Yoda is making it out to be)
Yeah, I mean, I wouldn't be shocked, there's just no serious argument that you're the favorite. That Rivers matchup is ridiculous and I'll be lucky if I can stay within a few points between our QBs. Losing Sanders, who had a great matchup, is huge, especially with Jeffrey suddenly having to fight for targets, and throw in the fact that all three of the backs I'd be slotting in his place battled injuries this week (and a couple have bad matchups, anyway).

It might happen, but a whole lot of things have to go right. Or I finally hit big in Running Back Roulette after somehow losing coin flip after coin flip all season.

Ditto baseball, though that's a different animal in a lot of ways.
Already researching for the 2019 season and having a good time doing it. For whatever reason I can honestly say I enjoy fantasy baseball more than fantasy football. If I can keep on top of things the next 4 months then hopefully it'll break the pattern of coming in second to last for the past two seasons. I dont like that.

Already researching for the 2019 season and having a good time doing it. For whatever reason I can honestly say I enjoy fantasy baseball more than fantasy football. If I can keep on top of things the next 4 months then hopefully it'll break the pattern of coming in second to last for the past two seasons. I dont like that.
Yuck. I tried fantasy basketball for a couple years and I played basketball all the way through college. Just can't stay invested in in other fantasy sports. Been in a fantasy league for 15 years. Last 10 years we have done a live destination draft. Use to have a website. Just something about the way football is set up and the once a week that just sets up for addictive fantasy game. Nothing tops football IMO. Lost last years final winning going into halftime of the last Monday night game on championship week. I had 2 players he had nobody. My players went backwards. Had Foles and Jeffery. I lost by half a point. Still never won the league 🤦😣

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

Brate with an early TD. Kind of a big deal, because TE is the area I have the biggest edge, and most of the guys he'd have been considering there are just "do they score a TD or not?" kind of plays. Bleh.

Even though my team has a bye week in the pretend playoffs I'm going to be comparing my score to all the other teams, so even though I missed the real playoffs, I might actually win the rotisserie playoffs