B-Movie HoF II: The Sequel!

Tools    

The Beast Must Die

The first 15 minutes had me really confused, I kept thinking to myself "Is this the right movie?!". The music in the film is horribly inappropriate, it sounds more like a buddy-cop movie than a horror movie. I really liked the mystery aspect to it, it felt like a spooky version of Cluedo. I thought it was cool how the film gave you time to decide your choice (Did anyone pick correctly?). Some of the scenes were kinda tense I guess. Also it was cool to see General Tarkin in it.

Interesting film @Siddon

It's because it's not just a low budget horror film but also a Blaxsploitation film that isn't really terribly exploitative. It touches on a number of elements of Blacksploitation without dealing with ugly dirtier parts. The score is a pretty big tip off but also the structure of the film is in the vein of the detective films(which is I think 50% blaxsploitation films).

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
The Beast Must Die

The first 15 minutes had me really confused, I kept thinking to myself "Is this the right movie?!". The music in the film is horribly inappropriate, it sounds more like a buddy-cop movie than a horror movie. I really liked the mystery aspect to it, it felt like a spooky version of Cluedo. I thought it was cool how the film gave you time to decide your choice (Did anyone pick correctly?). Some of the scenes were kinda tense I guess. Also it was cool to see General Tarkin in it.

Interesting film @Siddon

I did around the mid point but then switched over to hoping it was his wife just for the excellent twist it would create if she was.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
CICI's THOUGHTS ABOUT THE NOMS HE'S BEEN A MUTE ABOUT

Sorry I've been MIA like many of the careers involved in these film's productions. I have watched them all though and now I've sent my list in I thought I'd quickly run through em

The Beastmaster - meh. Not much else to say really. In terms of 80s sword and sorcery B movie camp, I preferred the gem that is Red Sonja to this.

Night of the Creeps - I enjoyed this one more than I thought I was going to. It oozed that Roger Corman vibe and reminded me a lot of Brinke Stevens/Linnea Quigley flicks that they were churning out at the time.

Spaced Invaders - imaging spending your hard earned cash, not to even to watch this, but to greenlight this. Scout for locations, hire the make up artists, go through casting processes. Hire a crew. I don't even want to know if they pumped money out for script doctors.
That being said, it was meant to be silly and I could see that. It was alright, and I did enjoy it in a "I really shouldn't and don't want to" kinda way. A very difficult one to place at the end of this I found.

The Beast Must Die - I really liked the concept, but little else. MovieGal summed up my thoughts on this. I was bored. A sin for any film but especially so for a B movie. I guessed who it was too and now I'm preparing for my Mensa exam.

Jack Frost - Imagine thinking you're buying the Michael Keaton version because your SO is pressuring you to buy something to occupy the kids for the evening and choosing this one for its wholesome, fun for all the family content. Sure the cover art has a creepy snowman, but his Batman suit didn't have nipples on it so you give him the benefit of the doubt.
I'm very on the fence with this one. There's better Christmas themed B movies out there but there are definitely worse ones too. Another one I struggled to place in the end because I wasn't sure if I would ever revisit it myself.

WE GOT MOVIE SIGN!!!
Well I just watched a Movie I've been meaning to get around to for at least a couple of years tonight. And having just finished it Im now absolutely certain it'll be my Nomination for "Bmovie hall of fame III (The Quickening)"

I genuinely cant wait to share this one with you all...

1. The Beast Must Die
2. Hunters Blood

3. Spaced Invaders
4. Jack Frost
5. Beastmaster
6. Night of the Creeps
7. Cherry 2000
8. The Editor
9. The Burning
10. The Dragon Lives Again
11. The Child

Anyways for my list I gave a bump to the films that I felt were true B movies over the mid-budget ones (Spaced Invaders, Night of the Creeps, Beastmaster, and The Editor)

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
My list!

1. The Editor
2. The Dragon Lives Again
3. Hunter's Blood
4. The Burning
5. Night of the Creeps
6. Spaced Invaders
7. Jack Frost
8. Cherry 2000
9. The Child
10. The Beast Must Die
11. The Beastmaster

Very odd and difficult to rank such an eclectic bunch of films. So I more or less went off which ones I had the most fun with. So if it was okay but bland then I put it on the bottom even though I would probably rank them differently had it been any other HOF.

I had a lot of fun with this though, I'd be down for another one in the future so if it happens feel free to slide into my DMs

Nice work! @Joel...very creative presentation

I thought as I watched that video you made that my nom Cherry 2000 might actually win I was actually saying under my breath, 'yeah come on, come on, you can win!'

Cool that Night of the Creeps won, it was a well made and entertaining film...it was my #3 movie.

Here's my voting list.
1 Cherry 2000
2 The Beastmaster
3 Night of the Creeps
4 The Beast Must Die
5 Spaced Invaders
6 Attack of the Killer Tomatoes
7 Hunter's Blood
8 The Dragon Lives Again
9 The Burning
10 The Child
11 Jack Frost
12 The Editor

Beastmaster didnt do to bad.. on 1/2 half of the list it was over 5... only Cici gave it a crappy rating

Back in the '80s, it wasn't a B Movie.. but it's considered one nowadays...

Beastmaster didnt do to bad.. on 1/2 half of the list it was over 5... only Cici gave it a crappy rating

Back in the '80s, it wasn't a B Movie.. but it's considered one nowadays...
There were only a few films I really liked in this HoF, sorry peeps but most of these B's were Bad's, ha!

The three that I really liked were:
Cherry 2000
The Beastmaster
Night of the Creeps

1.The Burning
2.Jack Frost
3.Hunter’s Blood
4.Night of the Creeps
5.Cherry 2000
6.Spaced Invaders
7.The Beast-Master
8.The Beast Must Die
9.The Editor
10.The Dragon Lives Again
11.The Child

Damn, everyone really liked Spaced Invaders. Tomatoes probably would've been at number 3 for me. Congrats Suspect. Thanks for doing this Joel.

My vote (including the DQ'd tomato movie):

01. The Child
02. Attack of the Killer Tomatoes
03. Spaced Invaders
04. Cherry 2000
05. The Beastmaster
06. The Burning
07. Night of the Creeps
08. The Editor
09. The Dragon Lives Again
10. The Beast Must Die!
11. Hunter's Blood