Why don't commonly we see texting/online dating in romantic cinema?

Tools    

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Online dating, in real life, is wonderful. It allows people with social anxiety, like myself, to meet others without having to go up to total strangers in bars or whatever. I met my wife online.

But it's not interesting to watch. The only film I can think of about online dating was Catfish, and oh, no, that was not romantic. LOL.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
But it's not interesting to watch. The only film I can think of about online dating was Catfish, and oh, no, that was not romantic. LOL.
You wait for that flick about me and @Swan dating.

It’s tinder exclusively for males if you know what I mean 😏
I see. It seems to me like you're the EXPERT, Larry!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I would think it is because communicating through tech is inherently cold and distant, which pretty much flies in the face of romantic ideals. Romance flourishes through subtleties such as body language and intimacy in conversation and physicality. Technology is kind of the antithesis of those things.
This- technology and online dating are disembodied. Whilst there might be excitement for the participants, it’s internal and hard to show in a film. Also, online dating is often about quantity and whittling it down rather than finding one special person.

Saying that, AI is often romanticised in films- technology as sentient. Her is the primary example.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
You wait for that flick about me and @Swan dating.

It’s tinder exclusively for males if you know what I mean 😏
I see. It seems to me like you're the EXPERT, Larry!
Haha, catch you on Grinder.

Weird is relative.
Online dating is great. You don't even have to go outside.
^ Yes. This.

I d be number one with online dating, most of my previous gfs where online dates

Love, Simon is a film that was released this year (based on a book) that's about two teens meeting anonymously online and developing a "romance" through email.
The online romance between Simon and "Blue" is quite lovely.