Fantastic Beasts & Where To Find Them 2

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
There's also the possibility that such an uptick in Potter-related enthusiasm is actually a deliberate marketing ploy to artificially generate good word-of-mouth for the new film in order to encourage regular users to go see it.

Look at their comments and tell me where their actual opinion is. Nope, didn't think so.
Exactly: the comments don't even express opinions about the film, even though you're saying they hate it (and hate it for reasons other than their own, to boot). So to whatever degree you think that's supposed to be a rebuttal to what I'm saying, it's actually a rebuttal to what you're saying.

Also, one of them wrote their own review of the film, explaining their reasons. I think that's pretty hard to square with the idea that they're a "sheep," but that's just me.

Quite literally the belief in something because it is "known" to be true and consequently there is no need to examine the evidence. They just think however the Internet tells them to think.
See above post linking to a review. Pretty sure that qualifies as "[examining] the evidence."

It's kinda lame and unfair to people to assume their opinions are just groupthink immediately, simply because you don't like it. Some people are like that, to be sure, but it's an accusation that shouldn't be made so reflexively, when you presumably don't really know anything about either person, and neither of them even really expressed much of an opinion to you to begin with.

There's also the possibility that such an uptick in Potter-related enthusiasm is actually a deliberate marketing ploy to artificially generate good word-of-mouth for the new film in order to encourage regular users to go see it.
I considered that, but the Potter forum closing thing makes just as much sense and is the more charitable assumption, so I'm content to believe that unless presented with stronger evidence for the above.

Exactly: the comments don't even express opinions about the film, even though you're saying they hate it (and hate it for reasons other than their own, to boot). So to whatever degree you think that's supposed to be a rebuttal to what I'm saying, it's actually a rebuttal to what you're saying.
Their opinion, not an opinion. Big difference. Because that opinion came from somewhere in the first place.

I'll read that review (but with caution, mind you).

Welcome to the human race...
Yeah, I was just mentioning the possibility and why it's an easy conclusion to jump to in this particular situation, but judging by these posts I'm obviously doubting that that's the case here.

Their opinion, not an opinion. Big difference. Because that opinion came from somewhere in the first place.
What opinion? My point is that neither comment really expresses any opinion, either theirs or others. They're both just kind of sarcastic about other people's enthusiasm for it, but that's about it.

I suppose you could say that sarcasm sort of implies a negative opinion, but that's not a basis for assuming their opinion wasn't reached honestly or independently. Would I be correct in saying you don't know either person and haven't really read anything they've said before now? If so, that hardly seems sufficient for an accusation of being dogmatic, if all you have to go on is "these people didn't seem to love the film."

I'll read that review (but with caution, mind you).
I'm not sure what it means to read a review with caution. But hey, read it or don't, and discuss it or don't. Up to you. Just sayin', seems like pretty clear evidence this person formed their own opinion and is able to articulate it.

Maybe it was my low expectations but I really enjoyed this movie. Was a bit surprised considering the reviews and whatnot. Newt is a cool dude.

I will say I think the biggest problem with the Potter series that's really obvious in this one is it seems the writers/filmmakers/JK Rowling can just make up a spell for any situation. In other words, I really wish the magic was more restrained.

Just got back from a late screening where I live. It appears a lot of people (on the internet mostly) didn't like the film, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Many are critiquing the film's abundance of characters, but I tend to like such films. Jude Law neatly portrayed young Dumbledore.

It was less of a movie on its own and more of a filler for the next part, with that big reveal in the end.

Unlike the first part, the creatures were little and less surprising.

It's common for movies to make convenient plot lines, but there were too many in this one. Also, some of the action scenes were short and lacked creativity. The escape scene, the circus chaos and the final fight scenes lacked so much creativity.

My consern always was J.K Rawling writing her own Screen Plays because without knowing it she is gonna be effecting her own Canon with her Potter books and fans may not like or be ready for changes that were established in the Potter Books then movies. Least George R R Martin while does write and directed some Game Of Thrones Episodes he was able to put his story in other peoples hands . Rawling trying to control new stories in the potter world might end up a mistake.

You guys are sheep. You just say whatever the Internet says. The majority of reviews are saying this film sucks compared to Harry Potter, so apparently you can't have your own opinions. Grow up already.

Why hello there, Warner Bros. What gave you the right to be on my film forum?
Vice President
358 Exchange Place New York, N.Y. 10099 FAX 212 555 6390 TELEX : () 4534

You guys are sheep. You just say whatever the Internet says. The majority of reviews are saying this film sucks compared to Harry Potter, so apparently you can't have your own opinions. Grow up already.
Wow, someone got butthurt fast.

Enjoy your stay!