Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Catch Me If You Can - 10/10

“I was cured, all right!”
2018:

★★★
Amy Adams rocks! It starts very well, falls in the second half. The ending was terrible but okay, Amy Adams was so good that the 8 hours worth.

★★★★
The best of the year so far.
I wrote a review (in portuguese) on my website. Translate the hell out of it if you want to know my thoughts.
https://lanterna-magica.net/2018/11/...ee-chang-dong/

★★★
Was expecting a lot more...
But ok, good movie.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"

Santa's Summer House (David DeCoteau aka Mary Crawford, 2012): Take action stars Gary Daniels, Kathy Long, Daniel Bernhardt, Cynthia Rothrock, and Chris Mitchum and put them in a family film full of both emotional drama and comic antics with a feel-good message and this is the result. Mitchum is Santa himself, taking a summer vacation with Rothrock as his wife. Santa causes a fog to bring in a workaholic couple and their teenage son, two sisters who are at odds, and a self-absorbed rocket scientist to stay the weekend at his summer home with him and his wife. Some tense moments, but there is a nice little twist that results in the feel good moment that almost made me shed a tear. Yes, the fact these action stars are in the film and story may seem farfetched, but it was better than expected.

Re-watch of an excellent movie.

Uneven though I dislike Westerns usually. Didn’t like Tim Blake Nelson’s segment (singing cowboy - oof!). Didn’t watch James Franco’s segment completely. Loved Zoe Kazan’s segment, which made the entire movie for me. Really good. Liam Neeson’s segment so very weird. Brendan Gleeson’s segment good though I believe there was a deeper meaning that went over my head. Tom Waits’s segment excellent too. Would never want to watch this again.

Christopher Robin (2018)

I fell asleep during the movie, but if you're a fan of Winnie The Poo stories give it a look. Me, I've never seen or read a Winnie the Poo story so had no connection to it. From what I did see of the movie, it was well made.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Christopher-Robin-557x720.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	147.8 KB
ID:	49761  

God Knows Where I Am - 10/10
I really wanted to know Linda. Wish they would have made it longer, reading more of the diary.
Really good documentary. Very sad.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Really good documentary. Very sad.
They haven't made many on this sub-category.. I saw Aileen Wuornos (she grew up near where I did), but most are more homicidal... If you have any recommendations, I'd check em out. Thanks!

Strangers: Prey At Night

This was one of the best movies I have ever seen for people making dumb decisions. When it finished I thought I wish I had watched something else that was better

Do you know what a roller pigeon is, Barney? They climb high and fast, then roll over and fall just as fast toward the earth. There are shallow rollers and deep rollers. You can’t breed two deep rollers, or their young will roll all the way down, hit, and die. Officer Starling is a deep roller, Barney. We should hope one of her parents was not.

The White Ribbon (2009)

+

You know how when you have the DVD in, before you press play, and it shows very short clips from the movie? My wife asked if that was the movie we were watching. I said yes. She said "oh shlt". She usually doesn't watch these kinds of movies, but she watched the whole thing. She didn't exactly like it, but she thought it was kind of interesting. That's how I feel about most movies from director Michael Haneke. I thought this particular movie was very Bergmanesque, and while pretty good for a Haneke movie, it would have been below average for a Bergman movie. The only thing I really didn't like was how it looked. I think having it in black and white was a great decision, but I thought it looked very basic and plain, especially the outdoor scenes. It really bothered me as it seemed to be missing character because of it.

Bloody Birthday (1981)

I never saw this before, and I believe I put it on my watchlist after seeing Cat post about it. 3 twins are born during a lunar eclipse, and ten years later we watch them as calculated killers. Killer kids are always fun and that's certainly the case with this movie, as ridiculous as it is sometimes.