Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
Ohhhh WorldFilmGeek

Have you seen Sint yet?
Yes I have. I have always been a fan of Dick Maas' films so Sint was an easy one that I had to watch. Huub Stapel was one of my favorite Dutch actors after seeing both The Lift and Amsterdamned. It was great to see him in a different kind of role for once as the titular Sint.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"

Bloody Ballet (Brett Mullen, 2018)

Anyone who likes giallo and perhaps to capitalize on Suspiria will truly like this homage with something more to offer. Great killing scenes, really good performances from leads Kendra Carelli and Debbie Rochon (who goes against her scream queen type in a very good straight role) and a twist that even surprised me.

WHEELS (2014)

A Independent movie about two suicidal handicaps who fond in heroin a good escape to keep on living. Is the most existentialistic movie I've ever remember seeing, this tops Charlie Kaufman existentialism any day of the week. If you don't watch movies very often (like those who rated this movie on IMDb), which I don't believe it's the case, you might end up worshiping this movie. I don't like movies where I see the button: "Get emotional".

Snooze factor rating = Z

[Snooze Factor Ratings]:
Z = didn't nod off at all
Zz = nearly nodded off but managed to stay alert
Zzz = nodded off and missed some of the film but went back to watch what I missed
Zzzz = nodded off and missed some of the film but went back to watch what I missed but nodded off again at the same point and therefore needed to go back a number of times before I got through it...
Zzzzz = nodded off and missed some or the rest of the film but was not interested enough to go back over it

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
The Last Day of Summer - 7.5/10
Even though there's barely any meaningful dialogue, I love a movie with two people on an environment separate from everything else.

Imagine being Arnold in that scene and having to be all like "damn, Jamie Curtis, you f*ckin' fine, all sexy with your tight body and horrific androgynous monster face. I would totally have sex with you, both my character and the real me” (when all he really wants to do is f*ck another 16 year old in his dressing room.)

Like, seriously. Imagine having to be Arnold, and not only sit in that chair while Jamie Lee Curtis flaunts her disgusting body in front of you; the favorable lighting barely concealing her stretch marks and leathery skin; and you just sit there, take after take, hour after hour--while she perfected that dance. Not only having to tolerate her monstrous f*cking visage but her haughty attitude, as everyone on set tells her she's “STILL GOT IT”, and “DAMN, JAMIE LEE CURTIS LOOKS LIKE THAT???

Because they're not the ones who have to sit there and watch her mannish f*cking gremlin face contort into types of grimaces that you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been f*cking nothing but a healthy diet of blondes and supermodels, and later alleged rape victims for your ENTIRE CAREER, coming straight out of the boonies in Austria. You've never even seen anything this f*cking disgusting before, and now you swear that you can taste the sweat that's breaking out on her dimpled stomach as she sucks it, writhing it, suggestively at you, smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to get paid to sit there and revel in her "statuesque" (for that is what she calls herself) "beauty". The beauty she worked so hard for with personal trainers for months. And then the director calls for another take, and you know you could kill every single person in this room before the studio security could put you down... but you sit there and endure, because you're f*cking Arnold. You're not going to lose your future political career over this. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.
Post of the year candidate!

Welcome to the human race...
What gets me is Arnold's face in that screencap because it's the exact same face I made reading Berg's post.

Last watched...

On Dangerous Ground -

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Apparently there is a market for CDB here. I appreciate Mr. Green, because I'm not well-adjusted enough to appreciate the contributions of free speech.

Just saw Beautiful Boy, 4.2/5
I think they are both going to get nominated for Lead Actor and Supporting Actor but that Timothee is going to actually win the award.

The Other Side of the Wind

They'll Love Me When I'm Dead

The documentary was much better. I don't regret seeing the actual movie, but I didn't like it at all.

Europe '51 - 7.5/10
Like with other Rosselini/Bergman movies, there's always a hole, something missing. Same with this movie. I read the IMDB one-liner, "A wealthy woman becomes obsessed with humanitarianism when her young son dies after attempting suicide." and I thought with a leading lady like Ingrid Bergman, and a neo-realistic director, who did move away from that, but nonetheless, you know he's more than able. I liked this movie, the stories alone make it good, so I expected better. The acting was also really bad outside of Bergman, and with the co-production and all the dubbing, I expected the normal lack of rhythm - I ha no idea Giulieta Masina was in this, in some crazy US accent. But during one of the most climactic moment, the acting didn't even match the situation.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald

One of the complaints I hear about the Marvel movies is that they seem to be too focused on setting up elements for future films. Those people would absolutely hate this movie.

Review Here

Suspect's Reviews