UK TV 2018 - RACE/DIVERSITY

Tools    

Going off on a tangent a bit (but still on racial diversity) there’s a city bus that goes through town for a local hospital (or insurance company, can’t remember) that has a photograph on the sides of the bus of a black doctor examining a small white girl child. Lovely photo & it always makes me wonder how many years ago this would not have been acceptable under any circumstance. A white doctor examining a black child, but not the reverse.

Going off on a tangent a bit (but still on racial diversity) there’s a city bus that goes through town for a local hospital (or insurance company, can’t remember) that has a photograph on the sides of the bus of a black doctor examining a small white girl child. Lovely photo & it always makes me wonder how many years ago this would not have been acceptable under any circumstance. A white doctor examining a black child, but not the reverse.
Its seems it's not acceptable to have a photograph on the side of the bus of a white doctor examining a white baby.

Advertising has always been about one thing only - profits.

I doubt agencies are trying to be morally enlightened/sensitive by placing a wide array of races in their productions.

To them, it's all about appealing to a wider audience (with an eye toward increasing sales).

Advertising has always been about one thing only - profits.

I doubt agencies are trying to be morally enlightened/sensitive by placing a wide array of races in their productions.

To them, it's all about appealing to a wider audience (with an eye toward increasing sales).
Quoted for truth.