Name your favorite movie from the year you were born.

Tools    

Simple name your favorite movie from the year you were born. For those who wish to not reveal their true age can lie of course, but we can all hide behind our usernames.

I have a difficult choice. Two of my all time favorites come from this year.(1963)

8 1/2 Fellini
Winter Light Bergman

I would consider both for my top ten depending on my mood. I think I would have to go with what I think is the better film, and that would be Winter Light

Have you seen the new version of Far from the maddening Crowd with Carrey Mulligan. I enjoyed it, but i would certainly compare it to the version you have listed here with Julie Christie.
I have seen it but I have found I love films based off Thomas Hardy's novels. They are so depressing and touching as well.

I have seen it but I have found I love films based off Thomas Hardy's novels. They are so depressing and touching as well.

Please note I did change my original comment from "I would definitely compare" to "I would definitely not compare". Julie Christie tops most of the actresses you can stack against her.

Please note I did change my original comment from "I would definitely compare" to "I would definitely not compare". Julie Christie tops most of the actresses you can stack against her.
I understood what you meant to say

This might just do nobody any good.
Jackie Brown, maybe. Boogie Nights and L.A. Confidential are up there too.

P.S. I liked both version of those FFMC equally

Out of the Thomas Hardy novels to movie..I would say Jude The Obscure is my favorite. Then Tess D'uberville..

You mean me? Kei's cousin?

Out of the Thomas Hardy novels to movie..I would say Jude The Obscure is my favorite. Then Tess D'uberville..

This is not Thomas Hardy, but I was wondering if you had seen "House of Mirth" with Gillian Anderson. Not to be watched if within reach of a fire arm.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
If I'm only allowed to pick one favorite, it would be The Glass Bottom Boat (1966)

Some of my other favorite movies from 1966 are:
Penelope
A Big Hand for the Little Lady
Not with My Wife, You Don't!
The Silencers
Murderers' Row
Lt. Robin Crusoe, U.S.N.
Batman: The Movie
The Man Called Flintstone
The Ugly Dachshund
Walk Don't Run

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
A toss up in between The Terminator, and Paris, Texas. Anyone want to comment on which one they think is better?

That one is so bad it's almost good. I rewatched it recently and remembered why Frank Gorshin gave me the childhood heebie jeebies.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
That one is so bad it's almost good. I rewatched it recently and remembered why Frank Gorshin gave me the childhood heebie jeebies.

To be honest, Batman: The Movie is terrible, but it's a lot of fun to watch. Frank Gorshin's The Riddler is one of my favorite Batman villains. I loved John Astin in "The Addams Family", but Gorshin's Riddler is by far the best version of that character.

Without much thinking I'd say either one of these:

Picnic at Hanging Rock
Monty Python and the Holy Grail

There are some others I'd need to rewatch though (One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and Barry Lyndon are the first that come to mind) and probably some I'd need to see for the first time as well (at least Saló).