Bird Box

Tools    

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...rd-box-1022458

"Oscar-winning Danish helmer Susanne Bier is directing the Netflix film from a screenplay written by 'The Arrival's' Eric Heisserer.

Sandra Bullock is set to star in Netflix's post-apocalyptic thriller Bird Box.

The film, which Netflix film chief Scott Stuber had been developing at Universal through his Bluegrass Films, has migrated to Stuber's new home at the streaming giant.

Based on a 2014 novel by Josh Malerman, the story is set in the near future, where a mother (Bullock) and her two young children are among a small group of survivors after a mysterious alien force has driven the world's population to deadly violence. The three must make their way on a terrifying journey — 20 miles in a rowboat — while blindfolded, with nothing to rely on but the mother's wits and the children's trained ears.

Dylan Clark, Chris Morgan and Clayton Townsend will produce Bird Box, which is being eyed for a production start in August."

They've been working on this for a good while. I'm glad to finally see some progress. I would've preferred an unknown to star in it, but as long as Bullock can pull it off I'm good.

I'm fully expecting most of the scenes to go fully dark. That's kind of the point of the book. If they can pull that off it would make for such an amazingly unique experience.

Or if not completely dark, maybe just keep the camera on her and the kids, so that we the viewers never see what's actually happening.

Really waiting for this.

This movie was great! I've watched it twice already.

It's already a huge hit on Netflix.

Anybody checked it out, yet? If not, you should!
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Loved it. Few minor idiot character decision moments, but what movie doesn't have that? Great job from Bullock. IMO, this is what The Happening and A Quiet Place should have been.

Loved it. Few minor idiot character decision moments, but what movie doesn't have that? Great job from Bullock. IMO, this is what The Happening and A Quiet Place should have been.
Haven't seen it yet but will watch soon(ish) after getting back home tomorrow. The book was OK and I actually mentioned it in my A Quiet Place review as a more interesting alternative.

I want to see it because the trailer and premise seems cool. But the response to it overall seems not that great.
I've mostly heard positive opinions (and majority of the complaints are about stuff that appears to be faithful to the book - too little explanation, little weak ending, etc.). Only thing that really worries me is how the concept itself translates to film.

A system of cells interlinked
Watched this last night. While I did enjoy some aspects, I thought the flick was a bit weak by the time it was over. Several questionable choices made by multiple characters, a couple of really annoying/cliche characters, and the ending kept me from really enjoying this one.

Sandy B is always good, at least.

WARNING: "Birdbox" spoilers below
I did like the fact that they didn't show the monster/try to explain it.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Critics panned, while people on social loved it.

Seems too much of a copy of AQP for me to entertain it.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I'll say it again. IMO, Bird Box did what A Quiet Place should have. At least of what I expected from AQP going in.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
If someone is copying it's AQP because the Bird Box book was published in 2014.

There's some trivia for your next dinner party.

It doesn't matter to me which came first. They're as boring as each other. When's the version about smell coming?

I give up on hype. People have lost the plot.

A system of cells interlinked
It doesn't matter to me which came first. They're as boring as each other. When's the version about smell coming?

I give up on hype. People have lost the plot.
Happens over at my joint after we eat Mexican food!

I thought this was really good, on the same level as A Quiet Place. It didn't answer all the questions I think it should have, but it captured the emotion and feelings of the characters well.