Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Morgan Freeman's portrayal of a mean street pimp was borderline terrifying and should have won an oscar. (did it?)

+

Only nominated ran into a problem that year.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Watching "It Might Get Loud" made me lose any respect for the guy while making me feel like a smug bstrd when it comes to my own playing. I think Tom Morello does it better.

It Might Get Loud

Kingsman: The Secret Service (2014)

“I was cured, all right!”

The cover is really better than the movie!

One of the most important achievements in film history. A great language exercise!

Another dreamlike Buńuel movie. This one mix the structure of the silent era with some dialogs. I'll leave some screens here, hope you guys don't mind!

Very ahead of his time!

Lost in Translation

A lovely little film that has a lot going for it about the subtle little things and the view on loneliness and whatnot. But above all, for me, I was surprised at how funny it was. It’s absolutely hilarious! And Murray and Johansson are great. Especially the former gives one of his best performances despite of how subtle it is.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
A Star Is Born (2018)

Went along to see this with friends and wasn't really expecting to enjoy it, but it was much better than I expected, a really solid drama with what moments of cheese there are counterbalanced by the strong performances and direction. Recommended.

The Wife (2018)

Visually not particularly appealing or cinematic, very enclosed like a play filmed in close-up, but the performances are engaging, especially Glenn Close as the title character, the long-suffering wife of a nobel prize winning author whose relationship begins to crack and reveal the secrets and lies throughout. (Or, basically just Before Midnight with old people... whatever happened to the basically just thread...?)

-

Snooze factor rating = Z

Trailer:

[Snooze Factor Ratings]:
Z = didn't nod off at all
Zz = nearly nodded off but managed to stay alert
Zzz = nodded off and missed some of the film but went back to watch what I missed
Zzzz = nodded off and missed some of the film but went back to watch what I missed but nodded off again at the same point and therefore needed to go back a number of times before I got through it...
Zzzzz = nodded off and missed some or the rest of the film but was not interested enough to go back over it

Tonsler Park, (2017, dir. Kevin Jerome Everson) = 0

“I was cured, all right!”

Scorsese's debut it's an incredible film that gets better at every view.
Keitel is amazing and I really love the plotless majority of the events. And J.R.'s relationship with the nameless girl, damn what about that dream sequence with the beauty Anne Collette? I was dizzy!

From now on, I'll be watching at least one Scorsese film per week! Will watch all of them in release order.

Edit: I love that intro so much, and the dream sequence, the slow motion sequence with the gun, the 'party' at
Joey's house! My God I love this movie.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
The Tragedy Girls
- Millennial horror about death obsessed kids that will literally kill you to get a like or a follow on social media. Not as clever as it thinks it is, but a decent take on the slasher genre.

Dr. Giggles
- Unintentionally funny, this could have been a sick and twisted horror film, but the 90's cheese and camp distract. Throw in a boring final girl and this film disappoints.

House on Haunted Hill (1959)
- It had good intentions but the awkward pacing of the film and lack of scares make it a little disappointing.

Suspect's Reviews