Marvel's Iron Fist

Tools    

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
Game of Thrones' Sir Loras Tyrell, Finn Jones, plays Daniel Rand, the lone survivor at 10 years old of a plane crash near the Kunlun Mountains. He studies martial arts and after becoming a master, discovers the power of the Iron Fist. He returns home to NYC to take over his family's company and uses his martial arts skills to take on a crime syndicate. He is the final member of the upcoming Defenders, with Daredevil (Charlie Cox), Luke Cage (Mike Colton), and Jessica Jones (Krysten Ritter).

Coming March 19 on Netflix

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
This show is getting trashed by the critics. I was actually looking forward to it. Now I'm hesitant.

Suspect's Reviews

MC for the Great Underground Circus
Have no desire to watch it to be honest. Iron Fist would be cool to include in a Doctor Strange movie though.

I am shocked by the poor reviews. Then again I don't give a damn. I am still watching this show. It is hard for me to believe that anything Marvel makes is 12% on Rotten Tomato bad. Can it happen? Sure. But I will believe it when I see it. Lord knows me and Rotten Tomatoes have our disagreements.

Legend in my own mind
They are just churning these things out without any real quality. Not enjoyed any of them yet. Daredevil was passable and Jessica Jones started ok but the rest

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I hadnt heard of this until now but would check it out for the martial arts. I've got two shows coming up so probably have to put this on the back burn for now.

Well I finished watching Iron Fist. Overall I thought it was good. A few thoughts.

First of, Finn Jones was okay as Danny Rand. Not a blow out, not spectacular... but he was serviceable. I can't use the excuse of I don't know much about the character excuse because I knew nothing about Jessica Jones and Krysten Ritter made the character interesting. Finn is not much of a leading man, but he has very good chemistry with his supporting cast, so here's hoping he and Mike Colter make sparks fly as the Heroes for Hire.

My biggest issue with the show is a very common Marvel complaint. Lousy villains. Which is actually something the Netflix shows have done a very good job at doing. In Daredevil you had Vincent D'Onofrio as the Kingpin, David Tennet as Kilgrave (The Purple Man), and Luke Cage had recent Oscar winner Mahershala Ali. Iron Fist while it does have the return of Madame Gao, also has three kinda weak antagonists in the Meachums. The brother was a bit too cartoonish at first and only got kind of interesting later in the series, the sister was interesting in the beginning but then became a footnote towards the end, and the Dad was fine but is no where near as good as the previous series villains.

Otherwise I liked the series. It has it's own unique feel from the previous shows. It is a corporate drama / martial arts series mixed with kung-fu fighting and ancient tales of the mystical Iron Fist. Which makes it stand out from the Noir-esque Daredevil and Jessica Jones and the neo-blaxploitation feel of Luke Cage. I thought the fight scenes were very nicely done and well choreographed. They may not have been as brutal as the fights in Daredevil, but that is just fine with me. Jessica Henwick was very good as Colleen Wing, it was very nice to see Rosario Dawson return as Clair, and we move the story along further towards The Defenders. Which at this point I am pretty sure will focus on the collective powers fight The Hand. But that is speculation on my part.

Overall I liked it, but yeah it is currently the weakest of the Marvel Netflix shows. But it is still way better then most crap on TV so I will take it. Now to wait for The Defenders and The Punisher mini series.

Finished it, glad it wasn't as bad as the trashing it got, The supporting cast was good, Great fight choreography, Kind of tired of Rosario Dawson conveniently showing up in every series and the nods to the other shows (the Jessica Jones one was very forced) along with her "super hero pep talks". I don't mind nods, but make them more organic.

With her there it became a head scratcher why they were in such danger but she wouldn't pick up the phone to call in the big guns she's been name dropping the entire time. Oh and she took a couple self defense classes at Coleens Dojo so now she's in China taking on Ninja.

Carrie Ann moss was a good addition to the MCU, I enjoyed her character.

WARNING: spoilers below
The villains weren't bad, but predictable, as soon as it shows Meachum Sr. in his intro working the heavy bag it was obvious he'd be the big bad, Not to mention he'd be the one responsible for the plane crash, And when they beat Bakuto and leave him "dead" it was obvious he'd survive as they wouldn't pass along the Highlander type immortality to just Meachum Sr and not share it with the higher level Hand clan leaders, so take the head or games still on.

All in all though, much better than I was expecting, given the reviews.

Finished it, glad it wasn't as bad as the trashing it got, The supporting cast was good, Great fight choreography, Kind of tired of Rosario Dawson conveniently showing up in every series and the nods to the other shows (the Jessica Jones one was very forced) along with her "super hero pep talks". I don't mind nods, but make them more organic.

With her there it became a head scratcher why they were in such danger but she wouldn't pick up the phone to call in the big guns she's been name dropping the entire time. Oh and she took a couple self defense classes at Coleens Dojo so now she's in China taking on Ninja.

Carrie Ann moss was a good addition to the MCU, I enjoyed her character.

WARNING: spoilers below
The villains weren't bad, but predictable, as soon as it shows Meachum Sr. in his intro working the heavy bag it was obvious he'd be the big bad, Not to mention he'd be the one responsible for the plane crash, And when they beat Bakuto and leave him "dead" it was obvious he'd survive as they wouldn't pass along the Highlander type immortality to just Meachum Sr and not share it with the higher level Hand clan leaders, so take the head or games still on.

All in all though, much better than I was expecting, given the reviews.
It was definitely much better than the reviews. I'm not sure what all that trashing was about. If you ask me, this was FAR better than Luke Cage. Luke Cage was the one that deserved more of this trashing, if you ask me. The writing felt below par on that show and the story was stretched so thin near the end. I felt they could have condensed that season to 8 episodes and, honestly, would have preferred that. Iron Fist, on the other hand, handled its 13 episodes in a mostly well-paced way and I never felt that things were stretching on too long.

All in all, Iron Fist was great and MUCH better than Luke Cage, in my opinion. Still, though--both Daredevil and Jessica Jones are better, if you ask me.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I'm a few in and I have to disagree about the fight choreography. It's pretty poor. This guy is THE go to guy for martial arts and Daredevil looks like he can kick his ass. Disappointed in that aspect.

Still will watch though.

It was definitely much better than the reviews. I'm not sure what all that trashing was about. If you ask me, this was FAR better than Luke Cage. Luke Cage was the one that deserved more of this trashing, if you ask me. The writing felt below par on that show and the story was stretched so thin near the end. I felt they could have condensed that season to 8 episodes and, honestly, would have preferred that. Iron Fist, on the other hand, handled its 13 episodes in a mostly well-paced way and I never felt that things were stretching on too long.

All in all, Iron Fist was great and MUCH better than Luke Cage, in my opinion. Still, though--both Daredevil and Jessica Jones are better, if you ask me.
I thought Jessica Jones was the weakest, still decent, mainly due to David Tennant as Killgrave, But by far the least interesting of the Netflix Marvel shows.

So far I'd rate them

Daredevil
Luke Cage
Iron Fist
Jessica Jones

The most loathsome of all goblins
I am shocked by the poor reviews. Then again I don't give a damn. I am still watching this show. It is hard for me to believe that anything Marvel makes is 12% on Rotten Tomato bad. Can it happen? Sure. But I will believe it when I see it. Lord knows me and Rotten Tomatoes have our disagreements.
The tomato-meter is a load of bull. You should be aware that a lot of the criticism comes from leftists whining about "cultural appropriation" and the "white savior" cliche.

I've seen the first two episodes of Iron Fist and it's very good so far. It's not flawless or anything, and the action choreography could use some polishing, but I'm enjoying it.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
I haven't watched any of the Marvel shows yet, but Luke Cage does look pretty good.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

The tomato-meter is a load of bull. You should be aware that a lot of the criticism comes from leftists whining about "cultural appropriation" and the "white savior" cliche.

I've seen the first two episodes of Iron Fist and it's very good so far. It's not flawless or anything, and the action choreography could use some polishing, but I'm enjoying it.
Oh I have been tracking. It was a silly nontroversy and I just ignored it.

Either way, Iron Fist is way better then the Rotten Tomato meter which is indeed BS

Iron Fist is the second-highest rated Marvel series on Netflix after Luke Cage. Jessica Jones and Daredevil got 3rd and 4th. Rosario Dawson's character is supposed to be the connector of the Defenders. I'm up to Episode 8 and I see it improves with every episode...so I'm looking forward to see how this plays out.

The second season was a big improvement with better pacing and fight action, courtesy of Clayton Barber. Sadly, it wasn't enough. Netflix has confirmed this weekend that the show has been officially cancelled, the first of the Netflix-Marvel series to do so.

Not surprised considering how they ended season 2...that was the only big disappointment for me in terms of this season.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/finn-jon...-cancellation/

I thought season 2 was worse to be honest, the first few episodes of S1 showed promise with Rand dealing with security guards with minimal effort and no violence but the fight choreography declined in quality. There was nothing good to say about season 2