Things that annoy you...

Tools    

How old I'm getting.

I just got an invitation to my 20 year High School Reunion. I wouldn't go even if they paid me and I don't appreciate not being able to stay in denial about how long it's been.

How old I'm getting.

I just got an invitation to my 20 year High School Reunion. I wouldn't go even if they paid me and I don't appreciate not being able to stay in denial about how long it's been.
My highschool aquaintances can't track me down.

How old I'm getting.

Come to the UK, high school reunions are not exactly a common thing here, thankfully... I would dread it, well I wouldn't go either.

Although the people I care about that I went to high school with, I'm still in touch so it's pretty pointless anyway.

Although the people I care about that I went to high school with, I'm still in touch so it's pretty pointless anyway.
That's the thing - thanks to social media almost all of the people I cared about (and some I don't care about) I've stayed in touch with so it's pretty pointless. There are a couple of friends I've lost touch with, but they didn't even bother to show up for the graduation ceremony so I suspect a reunion is out of the question for them anyway.

Come to the UK, high school reunions are not exactly a common thing here
Give it time. Amazed to see that you guys now have proms.

That I have to work today.

There's a concert going on in San Francisco tonight - like, right now - called Hardly Strictly Bluegrass. It's a free concert featuring several artists.

And one of those artists is Lindsey Buckingham.

When you reserve a table at a restaurant WELL in advance because they're popular and when you get there, they're apologetic that they gave it away (even though you're 10min early) and end up having to sit at the trough section.

For ****'s sake, how hard can reservations be?

When you order pizza online and it says 42 to 52 minutes from the time order is placed to delivery.. and after that time, you call the store and they say they are short-handed and now waiting time is 2 hours .. but mine should be there in 30 minutes.. so now its 1 1/2 hrs from time order placed to delivery and no compensation.

F*cking a$$hole parents who allow their children to run in a place they shouldn't. The stupid child falls and gets hurt and the parents complain to management.

Items on Bandcamp that can only be paid for by PayPal ..... some of us actually don't want to use frigging PayPal

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Seems like every. single. things for a few days now? Oh, and hurricanes. Definitely hurricanes.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Really incessant people.
Urghh....please go play in traffic.

How very much easier and quicker it is to spend money than it is to make it

Every night when I go for my walk all these lights come on outside houses as I walk by.

It's unnerving. They are on sensors and I'm setting them off just by walking on a public street. It's not like I'm trespassing on these people's property or approaching their front doors - I'm on the sidewalk. Last I checked, the sidewalk was public property, yet one after another, these glaring white, "crime" lights come on, turning a quiet neighborhood illuminated by the occasional amber porch light into what feels like some sort of complex of giant white search lights.

It totally kills the whole ambiance of an after-dark walk. You can't look at the stars. Of course it makes me feel like I'm being watched as I'm being illuminated (kind of like the scene where Steve Martin goes out to dinner alone in The Lonely Guy!)

And I can't help the feeling that I'm reliving The Great Escape or Stalag 17 as spotlights keep flashing on me as if I'm trying to escape a prison camp, when I'm only trying to take an evening walk.

This annoys me.

A lot of sensors make the lights come on because of motion. During my daily walks I trigger quite a few of these lights. Be glad you can walk at night. We can’t do that where we live.

There is one house in my area that has two massive really bright security lights that are on all the time when it's dark, it's way up the hill from me but when I look out of the back of my house and up the hill you see these two horrible lights with other dimmer lights around the rest of the house. I feel sorry for the houses that are right under it. What is worse, the lights are more or less on a mansion so they are higher up than usual...