President Trump

Tools    

I wonder if the increase is from the ad, or maybe they finally put the whip to those 10 year old Cambodian children to make them make a better product.
I've been wondering if anyone would bring that up or if those poor kids would just fade into nothingness. Ever since that news came out, very long ago, I cooled off from their products. It just left a bad taste in my mouth.

Not sure if I dislike all of the people on the left who all of the sudden forgot about those kids and made a decision to turn a blind eye and support Nike, or all of the people on the right who decided to boycott their products NOW since, I guess, foreign child labor was and is not as important as domestic national pride.

To be fair to Nike, they seem to be unfairly singled out regarding child labor or treatment of their workers in general. I know I am just assuming here, but are there really any international corporations who manufacture their products in China and treat the Chinese workers according to their own labor laws of their appropriate countries? I seriously doubt it.
How often do you read in domestic media about workers in Foxxcon jumping off buildings in China? Yet Apple seems to always get a pass.

Labor is cheap in developing countries. By buying stuff made with cheap labor you are helping those developing countries to develop. By not buying shoes made by poorly paid workers you are reducing the demand for their labor, hence, the price of their labor, that is, their wages, making then worse off.

Developing countries use child labor because wages are so low that the adults alone cannot support their families with their incomes. Hence, by not purchasing stuff made in cheap labor countries you are making their labor even cheaper which increases child labor.

So it's very stupid to accuse companies like Nike from purchasing inputs made by subcontracts with child labor. The reason why they have child labor is because demand for their labor is low, it's not because the "evil companies" do it.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
i made a meme (sorry, i'm a buffy nerd) and i really wanna share it w/ someone who will get it, so obvs the trump thread of a movie forum is good enough

You ready? You look ready.
Well, there’s one upside to Frump: gun sales are down.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

The accusations could be true, but the way they've been presented so far doesn't make them believable. Either way, what we have now cannot hold the guy back in any way. That would be bad news for everyone in America.

There is India, a free society over a billion people, successfully lifting countless millions out of poverty and into the middle class
Nice to see somebody say something good about my country than the usual left/liberal taunts about being a country of rapists .

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Nice to see somebody say something good about my country than the usual left/liberal taunts about being a country of rapists .
Nah, we're the country of rapists, these days.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

I'm not old, you're just 12.
And which country would that be ?
The U.S. of A.

Look, I love the US, I served in the army for 6 years, and I am glad I did. But it's like sick people like Trump and Kavanaugh, who disgrace our great country, just keep popping up, and it makes me sad, and angry. This isn't even a right/left sort of debate, it's just basic morality. Kavanaugh had three accusers. Where there's smoke there's fire. But whatever, hey, he's on "our" team, let's push him through. And yeah, the left would do the same thing. Trump. There's SO MUCH out there about how he's a criminal, a rapist, in with the russians...but hey, party over people, right? And again, the left would do the same thing. and this needs to STOP. This isn't the country I swore to defend, it's just...gross.