TV TRIVIA

Tools    

What was the series finale that more tv viewers tuned in to see in the history of tv ? ( and record wasn't matched til more than a decade later)

Good guess but no @Gideon58 and in fact MASH was the show that broke this record.
Hint: this finale was a two parter -and , this should give it away- the show inspied a movie decades later.

And a bit OT but iltpo*. - Both stars rated very high in the 'easy on the eyes ' department.

*in lenslady's tasteful personal opinion

What was the series finale that more tv viewers tuned in to see in the history of tv ? ( and record wasn't matched til more than a decade later)
I was thinking it was the finale of The Mary Tyler Moore Show, but it must not be. Doesn't sound like your description.

I think Doc may be in over his head in this thread... Carry on...

Lol nope @GulfportDoc but thanks for trying.

Well I know how you love my cryptic clues, so let's' see if anyone else can run with this.

Yup, Lenslady, after guessing Dick Van Dyke, I saw in the news that he will be appearing in the new Mary Poppins movie. Is the series finale you're speaking of "The Fugitive?" If I'm right, someone else can take my turn with a question because I will be off for a while.

....If I'm right, someone else can take my turn with a question because I will be off for a while.
I'll go next....A Star Trek question....What was Dr McCoy's pet name as given to him by an old girlfriend?

Yes @average joe , and it's nice to see you participating in this thread. It was The Fugitive - both series and movie were gripping mystery -thrillers. Oh I didn't know Dick is in a new Poppins, he was a superb dancer - wonder if this man in his nineties can still treat us to a little soft shoe.

I see CR has already taken his turn . I should know this. as I liked good old Bones,but I can't recall it just now. I think the old gf CR is referring to was actually a mirage of a man ( and salt ) eating alien. Best I can come up with is shortening his first name ; was it Len?

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I'll go next....A Star Trek question....What was Dr McCoy's pet name as given to him by an old girlfriend?

It's been a while since I've seen the episode, but I think Nancy Crater gave Dr. McCoy the nickname "Plum". ("The Man Trap" is one of my least favorite episodes.)

I'll be out all day tomorrow, so if that's right, someone else can take my turn.

It's been a while since I've seen the episode, but I think Nancy Crater gave Dr. McCoy the nickname "Plum". ("The Man Trap" is one of my least favorite episodes.)

I'll be out all day tomorrow, so if that's right, someone else can take my turn.
Wow! very impressive, that's it...it's Plum.

Bleh - no wonder I didn't remember it; that's a horrible nickname. Seems Nancy was a bit ..........questionable, even before she got cloned' by a monster alien.

I'll go:

What late actor/director played Will Truman's father on Will & Grace?

If I remember correctly, he was played by Sydney Pollack. (I vaguely remember a scene where he says that he could make a meal out of appetizers.)

Bleh - no wonder I didn't remember it; that's a horrible nickname. Seems Nancy was a bit ..........questionable, even before she got cloned' by a monster alien.
It's not really a good episode. Like I said, it's one of my least favorite episodes. But it's an important episode because even though it's not the pilot, it was the first episode to actually air.

If I remember correctly, he was played by Sydney Pollack. (I vaguely remember a scene where he says that he could make a meal out of appetizers.)
It was Sydney Pollack, GBG, you're up.

It was Sydney Pollack, GBG, you're up.
That's probably one of only about 5 episodes of "Will and Grace" that I've seen. I only remembered it because I agreed with him about the appetizers.

This is a 3-part question, but it should be an easy one for anyone who watched "Cheers":

On the TV show "Cheers", what team did Sam play baseball for before he bought the bar, what position did he play, and what was his nickname?

I may know another third of the answer - wasn't Cheers set in Boston? So it would make sense for Sam to have played for The Red Sox. Off the top of my head, and knowing almost nothing about sports- first baseman???