2018 NFL PickEm League

Tools    

I think the "can't pick same team on consecutive weeks" rule is coming back next year.

ahem 13 different teams in the 15 weeks thankyouverymuch If it was up to me you would have to pick every team before you can repeat a pick

Browns
Dolphins
Eagles
Falcons

Packers
Panthers

Patriots
Rams
Ravens
Saints
Steelers

Texans
Vikings

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
I've been putting a lot of thought into this year's trophy. It has to be something that represents us a whole. Something near and dear to the MoFo community. A trophy that signifies something universally loved by all and held in the highest esteem.

Another thought is to prevent picking against the same team every week. It is pretty easy to figure out the 2 worst teams so far, so that essentially leaves one with having to only make 3 picks.

Therein lies the genius of a good rule, simple but effective. The above is neither simple nor too effective.

This week's slate seems to be the easiest to pick so far, so I'm looking forward to watching everybody's picks burn this week.

I think the "can't pick same team on consecutive weeks" rule is coming back next year.
I loved this rule but, like Trump with his taxes, I won't say no to a loophole.

Week 3:

Bears
Packers
Patriots
Rams
Vikings

Yeah, it's weird picking straight up without restrictions. I realize the spread thing presents some complications but just posting the lines from any one site on Tuesday morning would probably work just fine.

7thson's Week 3 Picks

Chiefs

Okay, so the Chiefs beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh. The last time this happened - 1986. That is the year my son was born for christ sake. Hell that was my pre-military days. Pitt did have a chance in this game after overcoming a 3 TD deficit to tie it up, but could not handle the KC offense. Are the Chiefs for real this year? They definitely look good enough to beat the 49ers with home-opener field advantage.

Vikings

This is a no brainer right? I mean the Bills QB Allen looks like he is 17 years old and they are going against a top 5 defense in the VIkings. Coming off 2 picks and 5 sacks last week against the Chargers I do not think the rookie stands much of a chance.

Patriots

New England and Tom Brady/Dexter will be looking for blood and will more than likely get it. Patriots take this one easily.

Broncos

Oh wait they are playing the Ravens on the road. Oh well, I am still taking them. The Raven's Willie Henry and rookie Hayden Hurst will probably be sitting out the game. Also inside linebacker C.J. Mosley and defensive lineman Michael Pierce do not look as if they will be ready to play. Already missing cornerback Jimmy Smith the crows will be "murdered".

Steelers

My favorite team has really started the year off in a way that makes me want to twirl my terrible towel in the air and let it go flying into the wind near a waste water plant. However I shall remain steadfast and rely on the knowledge that they could easily be 2-0 had just a couple things went differently. Yes I know, it is that way for them all the time. Anyway Rothlesrangler is going to ride those swashbucklers all the way to Davy Jones's locker and crack open some Captain Morgan and celebrate with Juju at Bush Gardens.

Next year let's pick with the spread!

Yeah, it's weird picking straight up without restrictions. I realize the spread thing presents some complications but just posting the lines from any one site on Tuesday morning would probably work just fine.

I understand that straight up picks may be too simple, but picking spreads seems to swing the pendulum too far in the other direction. There is an art to picking with the lines, based on how Vegas is trying to manipulate the betters. The whole point of this is to make it easy and basically have a place to talk shop about the NFL. Maybe the fantasy league thread fills that void.

Shoutout to @Siddon. Well played, well played.

Week Three

Miami
Minnesota
Jacksonville
Kansas City
Chicago

Eagles, Rams and Patriots were my stay away from picks of the week.

Who knows if the one true Red Rifle's return works for a team that has been pretty pedestrian so far.

Chargers have defensive talent...this game just feels funny.

Patriots on the road with the JG infusion versus a former coach with a team that has plenty of offensive talent.

Eagles, Rams and Patriots were my stay away from picks of the week.

Who knows if the one true Red Rifle's return works for a team that has been pretty pedestrian so far.

Chargers have defensive talent...this game just feels funny.

Patriots on the road with the JG infusion versus a former coach with a team that has plenty of offensive talent.
I'm with you and think at least one of those teams lose. Just speaking on the Pats, all of the wide receivers on their roster combined for a total of 95 receptions last year, and 49 of those were for other teams. Their active running backs combined for a total of 435 yards rushing last year. Their defense that got shredded by an average Jaguar offense last week is missing 3 starters for this game. The Pats are a team that often takes the first quarter of the season before they figure it out, and they're on the road against a desperate team. Over 70% of the betting action is on the Pats yet the line hasn't moved. It's the night game and thus will be the most bet game of the day, and also many teasers will be resolved by this game. This is normally an automatic play for the home team betting wise, although the Pats are the one team who historically doesn't do the books any favors.

I would also not feel that confident with KC and the Jags. Mahomes can't continue to play this way, can he? SF is at least dangerous. Jax sometimes plays down to the competition and is coming off a huge emotional high.

I love how the Jags are better without Fornette, yet they won't reduce his carries and therefore limit their offense. Bortles isn't great and really only goes to the first read and tucks it, but that defense.

The biggest deal with the Chiefs I see, is that trash can of a defense. I just don't think SF can win a shootout with them. The offensive talent they have with receivers is remarkable.

I love how the Jags are better without Fornette, yet they won't reduce his carries and therefore limit their offense. Bortles isn't great and really only goes to the first read and tucks it, but that defense.

The biggest deal with the Chiefs I see, is that trash can of a defense. I just don't think SF can win a shootout with them. The offensive talent they have with receivers is remarkable.
It seems like The Chiefs start out hot a lot of years and then level off. But yea, they appear loaded.

The Bills are destroying the Vikings, what the hell is going on? At least the Panthers equaled things. But yeah i'm way worse at this than i ever imagined and i expected to be terrible

That doesn't make sense, but it explains why no one has gone undefeated since the 70's. Defense usually travels and Buffalo is trashtown.

Vikings game not really a big deal, almost everybody picked them.

That doesn't make sense, but it explains why no one has gone undefeated since the 70's. Defense usually travels and Buffalo is trashtown.

Vikings game not really a big deal, almost everybody picked them.
Your Panthers are doing god's work for me at least. There's nothing between Titan-Jaguars right now either so i might go 2-1 into tonights two i have, Rams and someone can't remember who.