East Asia Corner

Tools    

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
i remember u mentioned.. Age limit was 15 or something
I'm not talking about this specifically. I'm talking about everything. Generally. And yes, the age limit is 15 here, for what it's worth.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I'm not talking about this specifically. I'm talking about everything. Generally. And yes, the age limit is 15 here, for what it's worth.
i think highschoolers already / could be considered pretty conscious/aware, for age. it's not that like one cant be manipulated, but consensual with guy around late 20s i dont found that really NG. the rest is just sociocultural , the normative

i think highschoolers already / could be considered pretty conscious/aware, for age
Yeah, they might be sexually conscious, but I still wouldn't agree to have sex with a 15 years old, and I do find it edgy if a 28 years old guy has sex with a 15 years old girl. I mean, 17 is the absolute minimum to me. Otherwise, I would've felt like I was (ab)using her.

I don't think "sexually conscious/aware" is a good excuse at all. I was sexually conscious at the age of 11, but nobody with a sane mind would consider me fit for sexual life at such an early age.

Maybe that's because 15 is the age here, but I find 15 years old especially borderline and grating, because firstly, it's weird as hell for a person who is above 20 to find a barely legal 15 y/o girl and consciously develop a relationship that leads to sexual intercourse, and secondly, the "if she was a month older I would've been tried for pedophilia" reasoning is an effective repellent for most people. Like, most guys that age would consider such girl a whipster.

Of course, it's all about cultural relativism here, and I don't specifically oppose the 15 years old limit in Poland. You know, you always have to make this artificial border. That's how law works.

i think highschoolers already / could be considered pretty conscious/aware, for age
Yeah, they might be sexually conscious, but I still wouldn't agree to have sex with a 15 years old, and I do find it edgy if a 28 years old guy has sex with a 15 years old girl. I mean, 17 is the absolute minimum to me. Otherwise, I would've felt like I was (ab)using her.

I don't think "sexually conscious/aware" is a good excuse at all. I was sexually conscious at the age of 11, but nobody with a sane mind would consider me fit for sexual life at such an early age.

Maybe that's because 15 is the age here, but I find 15 years old especially borderline and grating, because firstly, it's weird as hell for a person who is above 20 to find a barely legal 15 y/o girl and consciously develop a relationship that leads to sexual intercourse, and secondly, the "if she was a month older I would've been tried for pedophilia" reasoning is an effective repellent for most people. Like, most guys that age would consider such girl a whipster.

Of course, it's all about cultural relativism here, and I don't specifically oppose the 15 years old limit in Poland. You know, you always have to make this artificial border. That's how law works.
i didnt say it to be more specifically 15, ideally just like u said. from the age onward it more develop considerable understanding regard.
I think u said it more like as sexually awakened or something but yet develop/build a proper or common understanding. Here i heard some boys story for them already masturbate at the age elementary school for example but obviously one dont think them understand much about consequences sex and intimacy instead just sexually aroused and mindlessly channeling it.
puberty could be relative also, biologically~psychologically, some can be early and some can be little late from the norm.

i probably suggest it(this whole age mater) in more romantic way, less rational way of relationship. There freedom, liberty, but there must limit, set of responsibility for that i agree.

Back then I understood more of consequences of sex, intimacy and relationships as well as idealistic romanticism than some chavs do now at the age of 30. Of course my approach was quite simplistic and way more conservative than now (it's still quite traditional, though), but I think I was very mature for my age.

And then the regression started when I started studying. /s

Breaking news that shock the whole asia continent!

Nishino Nanase announced her graduation... Next year :P
https://jshowbiz.com/english/compone...raduation.html

Owh well rest assure she still on showbiz, i guess xD
whaddaya think @Captain Steel ?
I like the way she handles a softball!

Back then I understood more of consequences of sex, intimacy and relationships as well as idealistic romanticism than some chavs do now at the age of 30. Of course my approach was quite simplistic and way more conservative than now (it's still quite traditional, though), but I think I was very mature for my age.

And then the regression started when I started studying. /s
yeah to ever see you sink dis low, what a degenerated prodigy

Breaking news that shock the whole asia continent!

Nishino Nanase announced her graduation... Next year :P
https://jshowbiz.com/english/compone...raduation.html

Owh well rest assure she still on showbiz, i guess xD
whaddaya think @Captain Steel ?
I like the way she handles a softball!
More extra

Another bomb drop today (or yesterday) that shake the whole continent, again
https://english.shukanbunshun.com/2018/10/nogizaka46-wakatsuki-yumi-announces.html

Just welcome to the club richard!
wuatb for the acting career

Entertainment news update, tho' it's a little bit late
yuimetal has departured with babymetal after yearlong hiatus

I've started getting into the game Go. Anyone else familiar with it?

i'd tried this game before at the time in Pc and phone app. Interesting really just not really sure and used to manually count each side ocupied territory so i just left it to the game soft

A Truly Breaking News: The Queen Shiraishi Mai was (another) Bullied Victim? - Big Question for Japan Educational System has Raised!!

Thing is not new actually as she had implied it in the past occasion but refuse herself to talk and sell the story more.
Only this occasion, seems the well-known, gratuitous tabloid bunshun so fired up to dig some real sh1t in her hometown but instead got more sympathetic details to sell from current most beloved idol in japan, and yeah seems her schooltime back then was indeed pretty nasty.
initially, maiyan wasn't the first target of bullying, she only became the target AFTER she tried to protect someone from bullying. D: the bullying was rather extreme. they write nasty stuff on her bags/notes. they throw cloths on her to cover her.
they call her "busu" (ugly). they even threw her table & chair out the window. it's little wonder that maiyan stopped going to school anymore & never liked to talk bout her school year much then.
apparently she also had a boyfriend from elementary to middle school, but when the bully started he didn't wanted to get bullied too so he left her.
http://ikomach.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-21707.html
source
Adding more,
Originally Posted by someone
A lot of Nogi's members also got bullied when they were young. Nanase, Ikoma for examples.
idk but now im straightly feel that showbiz anywhere might attract that sort of traumatize people. Maybe like to change, self-prove, or put an actual meaning in their life, whether they were or were not aware by that nature, or just simply, act out of despair.
Also Im not that expecting this stuff will be that showy in mainstream idol, not like lot of chika(underground) idols which is by the impression, is like filled more by social reject, bullied victims and even broken home. And don't talk about gravure or even AV actress.

Jap gov, educational board and media -like elsewhere- i believe already put some effort against these bad side of their society -in this case their prevalent bullying culture- tho' i do feel, there still some contradictory nature. I suppose thing already progress well but it doesn't completely fix, yet.

What make thing harder -or complicated- is it already long evolved into another form. from direct, physical and verbal shape of bullying into more -hard to solve- indirect, passive, legit psychological ways. Like group of friends/classmate can just stop talk to and ignore the targeted person for some -what could be- irrational reasons which thing often end up as tricky discrimination and isolation school politic, where the poor person couldn't make any friend at all. before the person finally end up on his/her hermit, recluse phase, this case was often lose from teacher and parent eyes.

thing sound scarier also, talk their society in general. the high tendency to group themselves, strict social hierarchy, burdening social construct, and less of valuing individuality make bullying not only youth problem but also adult themselves can suffer the same fate -like workplace bullying for example-
Few occasions i saw them depicted the so honourable job-like teacher that supposedly educating , somehow also bullying their "unfitted" colleague. In some sense, that's the best irony one can get. yet we talk the stereotype salaryman here. Ppl in my country also has these sort of thing, actually. And i believe many asian countries - the holy eastern culture in general - also have this tendency. But i guess none like japan. I heard S. Korean is pretty nasty too in that regard. Not that im fully support western values to takeover as neither side is perfect nor it will work in same way.

Unfortunately these maiyan's story will just end up as another sensationalised-sympathy-jerking, hypocritically the moment it's craved, rather than become inspirational in a way add more breath of consciousness for their sociocultural.
As human get short term memory, thing pretty unlikely. Just like another dozen, forgotten stories.

~ writer is hori miona oshi but end up wrote about maiyan.
love exploring japanese pop culture and exaggerating their social, non political issue. currently get a lot free time "deconstructing" English language and mimicking clickbait article.

The girl that started these all, has just graduated. If last year accidentally i didnt find her clip through randomly skim youtube rec there wont be these mumbo jumbo interest of kawaii culture in my life. at least not these much

One of the coolest persona i'd ever seen, contagious-ly cheerful. While my interest totally shifted to their big sis group, attentively i still look up the group progress, even on her absence while hope she bounced back after the forced hiatus this year. Well if one not found happiness or cant dwell more with pressure in showbiz, 🤔

So unfortunate for keya to lose their best moodmaker - and the one that actually very fitted with the rebellious image the group want to sell -

Thing just so anticlimax

Farewell Shida Manaka. wuatb