Are these female lead remakes are getting out of hand now?

Tools    

Yeah, no idea how that's meant as an answer to "what will you do if I reply?" Please refer back to the first bit here.

Going to assume I called this from the beginning with "I'm guessing you didn't actually want a serious discussions about economics." Feel free to let me know if and when that's not the case.

You ready? You look ready.
As opposed to having to argue a minimum of 40 hours a week or run the risk of losing your house and starving while thinking that not having to work all 168 hours means you technically retain the agency to stop whenever you like.
Hear hear.

Case in point: when I am not medicated for my ADHD all of my energies, and I do mean all, are devoted to working and keeping my 9-5 because it is necessary to survive. The desire (see what I did there ) to keep a clean house, cook my own food, or learn a new skill are largely ignored because it detracts from my ability to work my 9-5. Thus, I starve, go homeless, and die wearing my only pair of b****in' Nikes.

OK, so I may have overemblesihed a little but you get the point: capitalism is just a fancy form of servitude.

But I'll take it...reluctantly...
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Going to assume I called this from the beginning with "I'm guessing you didn't actually want a serious discussions about economics." Feel free to let me know if and when that's not the case.
I know you're not talking to me, but I know I don't want a "serious discussion about economics". I know where you stand and you know where I stand. So let's keep standing and wave to each other.

I will add that I have dialed back my anti-capitalism gestalt ever since I took my current job, filed for bankruptcy, and bought a new car two months later. I also tend to think of loan interest now as the friend you don't want to hang out with but do when no one else is available. Sure, he smells funny and eats the last chicken patty but at least you're not left to play Halo all alone.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
OFFTOPIC: Whatta hell, 'muricans, 9-5 freakin' sucks. You get back home and it's evening already. I work 7-3. That's freakin' purrfect. And, you know, I can work 9-5 if I want, too, or 8-4, because I've got flexible working hours. U JELLY
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Welcome to the human race...
Yeah, no idea how that's meant as an answer to "what will you do if I reply?" Please refer back to the first bit here.

It meant that I left it entirely in your hands as to how seriously you wanted to reply (hence saying I'm not your boss). You want to post a counter-argument, fine. You want to stick to your initial assumption and move on several posts later than you really should have, fine. Part of me wonders if it's you that wants a serious discussion about economics.

Hear hear.

Case in point: when I am not medicated for my ADHD all of my energies, and I do mean all, are devoted to working and keeping my 9-5 because it is necessary to survive. The desire (see what I did there ) to keep a clean house, cook my own food, or learn a new skill are largely ignored because it detracts from my ability to work my 9-5. Thus, I starve, go homeless, and die wearing my only pair of b****in' Nikes.

OK, so I may have overemblesihed a little but you get the point: capitalism is just a fancy form of servitude.

But I'll take it...reluctantly...
But people really love the fanciness.

OFFTOPIC: Whatta hell, 'muricans, 9-5 freakin' sucks. You get back home and it's evening already. I work 7-3. That's freakin' purrfect. And, you know, I can work 9-5 if I want, too, or 8-4, because I've got flexible working hours. U JELLY
It's not actually that ubiquitous. I don't work 9-5 and neither do most of the people I know, and even fewer have to.
When I was in middle/high school I dreamed about having a good 9-5. Now I want to go back and slap myself and say "aim for something better, fool!"

It meant that I left it entirely in your hands as to how seriously you wanted to reply (hence saying I'm not your boss).
I understood what you meant, just not how it relates to what I asked. Obviously it would be a waste of time and effort to post something substantive if you have no intention of actually defending or discussing what you said. So I'm asking you if you will, in advance, to preclude that possibility.

You want to stick to your initial assumption and move on several posts later than you really should have, fine.
Why "should" I just drop this sort of thing, and whatever reason you give, why wouldn't it apply to you as well?

Part of me wonders if it's you that wants a serious discussion about economics.
I don't know if this is a typo (meaning I don't really want to talk about this), or if it's not (meaning I'm just agitating to). I'll briefly answer both:

Yes, I do want to have a serious discussion about this. I think your insinuations about capitalism are wrong, and suspect they are uninformed, and I'd like the opportunity to demonstrate that if (and only if) I have reason to believe my effort won't be met with a glib deflection.

A system of cells interlinked
But that's because IT is to blame.

And if you don't believe me just ask my closet full of useless things that I HAD to buy.
Plenty of info out that that illustrates why capitalism is the best we have at the moment.

Of course, there is also plenty of info out there that examines the flaws of the system, of which there are clearly many - I am sure you have read/contemplated a lot of it already.

I will still take it by a long shot over anything else that has been tried. But that't just me.

Yeah, yeah, Sedai. It's not like Blade Runner isn't an indictment of capitalism or anything.
Fair enough. Yea, my taste in film certainly doesn't coincide with my politics very often. Not many center-right libertarian-ish films out there, it seems.

Meanwhile, I am way off topic, so I have now officially sacked myself.

The title is pretty unfortunate, yeah. Might as well contain the word "uppity."
OH MY GOD, CAN IT PLEASE???!!!???? Uppity AND out of hand would make my day every day.

Yea, my taste in film certainly doesn't coincide with my politics very often. Not many center-right libertarian-ish films out there, it seems.
I'm not sure why it's even phrased like a criticism. It seems like it should be to your credit that you can acknowledge the artistic value of something you disagree with politically.

A system of cells interlinked
OH MY GOD, CAN IT PLEASE???!!!???? Uppity AND out of hand would make my day every day.
My vote is for "Women who think they are important, but clearly aren't."

*Runs and hides*

I'm not sure why it's even phrased like a criticism. It seems like it should be to your credit that you can acknowledge the artistic value of something you disagree with politically.
No criticism meant. I mean, I already know I have the best taste in everything on the entire planet, especially economic systems!

My vote is for "Women who think they are important, but clearly aren't."

*Runs and hides*

IF ONLY YOU HAD THE COJONES. Camo already pities you, btw.

No criticism meant. I mean, I already know I have the best taste in everything on the entire planet, especially economic systems!
Naaaah we just messing about here. Using ALL the terrible sexist terms because why not have fun with it for 5 minutes as a toast to the unfortunately names thread that gets so much action I smile every day.

FEMALES GETTING OUT OF HAAAAAAND HERE BRUH!

The title is pretty unfortunate, yeah. Might as well contain the word "uppity."
It would be unfortunate if it was about female leads in general, but it's about remakes with female leads.

Ghostbusters is probably the best example of that because it is a remake (Ocean's 8 for instance is more a spinoff) and the four Ghostbusters are women instead of men.