We Are Aussies.

Tools    

Why do you care about your flag? I'm from Scotland, i'd quickly sell the rights to our flag if i owned it. The Union Jack is terrible, horrible symbol of so much suffering. But that doesn't seem like you or anyone elses objection, it seems more Cricket (the sport) related?

What are you trying to say? You say you hate the Union Jack. Then ask me why do I care about our current flag. I do care that our national emblem represents the modern Australia.. not the colonial era.
Holy ***** are you kidding, you ****ing moron.

Lets set up a Camo vs Spookie debate, please. Jesus christ.

I don't troll, you'll know if i have a problem with you.
That sounds like a threat.

Then what is this above if not trolling and being insulting? Edit

This is a friendly thread.. I INTEND FOR IT TO REMAIN SO.

Sorry Spookie, i'm personally not doing well

This is more the type of person I wanna interact with.

I'm Anthony, a Frenchman in France.
Originally Posted by Citizen Rules
England was Australia's mother country and you're part of the common wealth. What emblem do you want instead?

Lame. India is also part of the Commonwealth as is Canada. Do they fly the Union Jack? Having a distinct Australiana emblem would give us a clear identity.
Can you get anything more Australian than this? We should discuss this on the Aussie thread.

I find that flag idea interesting.

To me, it is important that kangaroo looks to the right:

- English is Australia's national language;
- English is usually written from left to right;
- In English, we usually draw the past on the left and go to the future to the right.

So that kangaroo looks to the future, which matters for a former colony.

The Australian Coat of Arms (see below) also bears a Kangaroo and an Emu on it. The significant thing here is that neither animal can walk backwards.. always advancing.

I don't troll, you'll know if i have a problem with you.

Then what is this above if not trolling and being insulting? Edit

This is a friendly thread.. I INTEND FOR IT TO REMAIN SO.
This Anton is not the sort of post we want on this thread. Correct?

The Australian Coat of Arms (see below) also bears a Kangaroo and an Emu on it. The significant thing here is that neither animal can walk backwards.. always advancing.

Non-Australian people need additional explanations indeed.

https://unrealfacts.com/emus-and-kan...alk-backwards/

"Emus and kangaroos cannot walk backwards. You may be thinking that this is solely a choice of the animals, but the truth is that neither animal has the ability to walk backwards. We will try to explain each animal individually.
A kangaroo can’t walk backwards for several reasons. Firstly, kangaroos do not walk, they hop and kind of crawl. When we say kind of crawl, what they will do at times is use their front paws to help themselves gently glide along the ground. While saying that they don’t walk because they hop is being a little pedantic, I know, there is another reason, a very good reason that a kangaroo can’t walk backwards. It’s that very big thing protruding from its back. The tail.
Advertisements

The tail is the primary reason a kangaroo can’t walk backwards. It’s long, thick and very muscular. Apart from that, it’s also not very flexible. It’s kind of the third leg that helps them keep balance and move. The downside it that they cannot move backwards. But they also have something else that prevents them from moving in that direction. Their very big feet. The design only allows them to move generally in one direction. But kangaroos can move backwards slightly, usually under one condition. During a fight. In an attempt to avoid injury, they can move slightly away from their opponent, and it’s often in the rearward motion.
Emus on the other hand are a more difficult to ascertain the truth if they can walk backwards or not. So far, no proof has ever been presented to suggest that they can walk backwards. Many have suggested that the knee joints of the second largest bird in the world prevent the animal from moving in that general direction.
If emus and kangaroos cannot walk backwards, why are they on the Australian coat of arms?

It’s fair to say that one of the most recognizable animals in Australia is the kangaroo. But there are other animals native to the country that people from around the world might more easily recognize. For instance the koala or platypus also appear no where else around the world, and most will know exactly what they are looking at. But it’s the motion of the emu and kangaroo that has earned them a spot on the coat of arms.
Because emus and kangaroos cannot walk backwards the powers tat be decided that it would be a fantastic animal to include on the coat of arms. The reason being that if an animal is unable to move in reverse, it leaves only one direction, forward. As both animals are only moving forward they have been used to symbolize the country moving forward."

Moving forward is one thing, taking the right direction is another one.
If you only can move forward, you just have to turn around to walk the opposite direction.

Because emus and kangaroos cannot walk backwards the powers tat be decided that it would be a fantastic animal to include on the coat of arms. The reason being that if an animal is unable to move in reverse, it leaves only one direction, forward. As both animals are only moving forward they have been used to symbolize the country moving forward."

Precisely!

@spookiemoviemania

I prefer this one below. I like that stylized kangaroo.

I focus on the flags depicting animals that look to the future (right).

Your quotes are so confusing. Did you call Camo a ***ing moron or did he call you a ***ing moron?

I answered 3 days ago. What's your feedback?

I answered 3 days ago. What's your feedback?
I know you did. That was my choice as well. No one else has offered an opinion. It is hard to get MoFos to post here as most are Americans and seemingly not interested in other countries.