Are these female lead remakes are getting out of hand now?

Tools    

Women are more than just love-interests and/or damsels in distress. More than just there to provide a motivation or a plot contrivance.

You were, seemingly, arguing that since there aren’t many female villains then it can be inferred that the goal is to make men look inherently bad and women otherwise. An imbalance in representation, no? Well, if you’re going to argue that, then you should understand that there was in imbalance there before. Still is, and not just in movies or television. An imbalance so deeply ingrained in our systems that making a previously male fictional character female can be considered a fair action.

As to your first paragraph, I never said that they were any of those things. I agree with your first paragraph. Women should have representation as Super Heroes, great people, etc.. I simply disagree with 99% of villains being male as it greatly maligns men and I disagree with 99% of women being portrayed as good. Neither of these figures come close to parity and/or align with reality.

Neither of these figures come close to parity and/or align with reality.
You do realize you are watching a movie? even historical movies... are not true to fact... so nothing is within reality as it should be..

you want what really happened.. watch a documentary.

You do realize you are watching a movie? even historical movies... are not true to fact... so nothing is within reality as it should be..

you want what really happened.. watch a documentary.

I am simply stating that Hollywood has an agenda that they are pushing and their constant bias against men in movies and for women in movies is a (for me) cringe worthy, fourth-wall breaking and insulting in the extreme.

I am tired of seeing twenty people in a movie, but knowing instantly that the first woman shown on screen will be the only survivor. I am tired of seeing my gender constantly maligned by such an influential institution.

I am simply stating that Hollywood has an agenda that they are pushing and their constant bias against men in movies and for women in movies is a (for me) cringe worthy, fourth-wall breaking and insulting in the extreme.

I am tired of seeing twenty people in a movie, but knowing instantly that the first woman shown on screen will be the only survivor. I am tired of seeing my gender constantly maligned by such an influential institution.
Hollywood isnt concerned about just you... there are billions of others who watch films.. Hollywood will do as they damn well please.. with little regard to what you think.. if you dont like how the film looks or what you read on it.. just dont go...but your measly $10 dont mean **** to the billions on billions they may make

again.. Hollywood will do whatever they want... with little regard to us individual moviegoers..

and if you dont like women taking certain roles in the film... again.. .JUST DONT GO! no one is tying your arm around your back forcing you to go,

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
start trying to make good movies.
lol people buy tickets to see crap films..

I know.. I went to see "The Predator" this past weekend... I only go mainly for entertainment purposes... it can be crap but still be entertaining...

I dont go to psychoanalyze the characters...sometimes I go because its a war movie about a person from history but its still for entertainment...

if I want to watch something thats factual.. I will watch a documentary.. .
They sure do...mostly it needs to be entertaining though or the preceding one in the series was entertaining. That’s what they should focus on, entertainment. Save the political stuff for documentaries as you say even though I’m pretty sure you’re not agreeing with me.

and if you dont like women taking certain roles in the film... again.. .JUST DONT GO! no one is tying your arm around your back forcing you to go,

I agree with you. I don't go. Despite the fact that Star Wars was my favorite film growing up (I will turn 50 on Wednesday; I saw it several times during the original theatrical run), and I even made it through the horrible prequels, I stopped watching after the horribleness that was Episode 7. Apparently, a lot of others have done something similar. They lost money on the latest Star Wars movie. A lot of people are getting fed up with this. They lose enough money on enough films and they will eventually either change their tune or go bankrupt. Seriously, how do you lose money on a Star Wars movie? Oh, yeah, "The Force is Female" explains it. (Or at least is incredibly emblematic of the the attitude behind the changes which explains it.)

Get woke, go broke.

I agree with you. I don't go. Despite the fact that Star Wars was my favorite film growing up (I will turn 50 on Wednesday; I saw it several times during the original theatrical run), and I even made it through the horrible prequels, I stopped watching after the horribleness that was Episode 7. Apparently, a lot of others have done something similar. They lost money on the latest Star Wars movie. A lot of people are getting fed up with this. They lose enough money on enough films and they will eventually either change their tune or go bankrupt. Seriously, how do you lose money on a Star Wars movie? Oh, yeah, "The Force is Female" explains it. (Or at least is incredibly emblematic of the the attitude behind the changes which explains it.)

Get woke, go broke.
Star Wars/Disney or Lucas Entertainment/Skywalker Lighting and Special Effects will never lose money on Star Wars.. they may not make as much as they could have.. .but yeah there are to many Star Wars fans.. both in the know and not so in the know.. that it will always be booked opening weekend..

I grew up with Star Wars.. I'm about your age.. I go to the cinema almost every weekend if not two or three times.. I saw all of them... Rogue One was better than Episode 7 and 8.. but no matter how bad 7 and 8 were.. I will still see 9.

Like me, I don't like American comedies so I don't go... but I find other things to watch... so Hollywood is still making money off me...

Did you two just become best friends? I think so
hmmm no... I dont really have a 'best friend' here.. Im closest to Neiba, Minio, Swan and Citizen Rules... and they know me inside and out..

I personally think this thread should drop...

again.. Hollywood doesn't care about what any of us think.. .move on little ponies...

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
hmmm no... I dont really have a 'best friend' here.. Im closest to Neiba, Minio, Swan and Citizen Rules... and they know me inside and out..
But there’s so many similarities. Same age, both fans or past fans of Star Wars, both on movie forums, both have avatars, both have usernames...so many similarities lol.

But there’s so many similarities. Same age, both fans or past fans of Star Wars, both on movie forums, both have avatars, both have usernames...so many similarities lol.
*slaps Larry*...

It's a major breakthrough for a female hero, cause Hollywood has shied away from making female heroes that sexually aggressive. They do it with female villains, but this is the first female hero that has been this sexually aggressive that I have seen in an action movie.
So now you’re talking only about action movies?

How would making her a lesbian be going for broke though?
The movie will go broke since I think that a female Bond who is also a lesbian verges on the extreme. Why does she have to be a lesbian her first time out?

I am tired of seeing my gender constantly maligned by such an influential institution.
And some women are probably tired of seeing themselves portrayed as victims in movies.

Inside and out? Interesting.

I personally think this thread should drop...
You don’t have to come to this thread just as nobody has to enter a movie theater if they don’t want to.

Star Wars/Disney or Lucas Entertainment/Skywalker Lighting and Special Effects will never lose money on Star Wars.. they may not make as much as they could have.. .but yeah there are to many Star Wars fans.. both in the know and not so in the know.. that it will always be booked opening weekend..

I grew up with Star Wars.. I'm about your age.. I go to the cinema almost every weekend if not two or three times.. I saw all of them... Rogue One was better than Episode 7 and 8.. but no matter how bad 7 and 8 were.. I will still see 9.

Like me, I don't like American comedies so I don't go... but I find other things to watch... so Hollywood is still making money off me...

There were too many Star Wars fans. Make enough bad movies, kill off enough of the heroes, do enough things plot-wise that don't make sense given the history of the movies and keep the "Force is Female" attitude and you will make the franchise a shadow of it's former self.

Look what Disney did after the last movie lost money:

Boba Fett - Cancelled

Obi-Wan Kenobi - Cancelled

Yoda - Cancelled

Solo 2 - (Definitely) Cancelled

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/sci-fi/star_wars/star-wars-every-confirmed-rumored-and-now-canceled-movie-and-tv-show-on-the-way-a161550

These are not things that you do with a money-making franchise.

Inside and out? Interesting.
Yeah, we talk in private as much as we talk out on the forum.. I think you read way to much into that statement than you should have..

There were too many Star Wars fans. Make enough bad movies, kill off enough of the heroes, do enough things plot-wise that don't make sense given the history of the movies and keep the "Force is Female" attitude and you will make the franchise a shadow of it's former self.

Look what Disney did after the last movie lost money:

Boba Fett - Cancelled

Obi-Wan Kenobi - Cancelled

Yoda - Cancelled

Solo 2 - (Definitely) Cancelled

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/sci-fi/star_wars/star-wars-every-confirmed-rumored-and-now-canceled-movie-and-tv-show-on-the-way-a161550

These are not things that you do with a money-making franchise.

how about a more recent article?

https://www.gamesradar.com/upcoming-star-wars-movies/

Those were mostly mentioned in my article as well. What specifically am I looking for in your article?

You don’t have to come to this thread just as nobody has to enter a movie theater if they don’t want to.

You sir, just won the Internet.

+1,000,000