The official MoFo boxing thread

Tools    

BANNED
I occasionally train with this guy and many others because he owns the gym (Danny)

Let the night air cool you off
If you have ESPN Classic and you like boxing, that's probably the channel you should have your tv on today. They are showing a bunch of Ali's 70's fights. Right now they have Ali/Wepner on, and it's an entertaining fight. Ali picks Wepner apart with jabs and a speck of blood flies off of Wepner's face and lands on the camera lens. Wepner also gets a flash knock down that sends the crowd into a frenzy, because he has no business being in the same ring as Ali.

You should try it Cat. Great craic. The training is excellent too.
I can't find any info on the net whether it's a terrible idea for people who have lower back issues every now and then, or whether it will strengthen core muscles and whatnot enough to actually help. I would do it without professional instruction of course, and obviously inform them I have a broken tailbone. I just get the impression it'll help me a lot with my pent up aggression.

Unregistered User
I can't find any info on the net whether it's a terrible idea for people who have lower back issues every now and then, or whether it will strengthen core muscles and whatnot enough to actually help. I would do it without professional instruction of course, and obviously inform them I have a broken tailbone. I just get the impression it'll help me a lot with my pent up aggression.

Sorry cant help you there Cat. You could give it a try I guess, just make sure you warm up a lot and do loads of stretches. Even the training without power punches might be ok, doing likes of speedball, high punches, rope and sit ups with punches? Thankfully I have no back pain, and never experienced any but I would worry if your hitting the heavy-bag hard.