White Boy Rick

Tools    

"That may be, but I've got the Falcon."
Caught some focus on this flick at work (Jimmy Fallon) with McConaughey talking it up, showed a clip of him brandishing an AK-47 protecting a scantily clad girl in a chilly Detroit neighborhood, looks interesting about some FBI informant.

I've generally liked Matthew's movies that I've seen over the last few years (Interstellar, Dallas Buyers Club, Mud), so hoping it's another goodie.

Thoughts on the film?

Trailer:

Tonight Show w/Clip:

Seems to be a people-centric flick, as I tend to like character interactions and focus.

I do kinda wanna see this, so I'm interested to hear people's thoughts.

its embarrassing. I thought mcconaughey would have learnt his lesson about making movies about american dream after the box office disaster that was gold. But for some reason he doesn't seem to get it. I think wolf of wall street killed the market for movies like that after it became a huge hit. Any movie after that will have to follow that 100 million $ production and none of them could compete. This movie is in the same vein as movies like war dogs, lord of war, gold and it never worked. Most of these kind of movies feel like its cheap knock offs.