which director appears most in your top 100 favorite movies?

Tools    

Welles - (Kane, Touch of Evil, F for Fake)
Wilder - (Double Indemnity, Apartment, Sunset Blvd)
Speilberg - (Jaws, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Last Crusade)
Anderson - (Boogie Nights, Magnolia)
Anderson - (Moonrise Kingdom, Royal Tennenbaums)
Kurosawa - (High/Low, Ikiru)
Carpenter - (The Thing, Halloween)Scott - (Alien, Blade Runner)
Stanton - (WallE, Finding Nemo)
Lumet - (12 Angry Men, Dog Day Afternoon)
Nolan - (Prestige, Memento)
Stone - (JFK, Platoon)
Ashby - (Harold and Maude, Being There)

I think it's Werner Herzog, with Nosferatu the Vampyre; Aguirre, the Wrath of God; and Fitzcarraldo.

Welcome to the human race...
Based on my 2013 list...

5 - Stanley Kubrick
4 - Steven Spielberg, Martin Scorsese, John Carpenter
3 - Rob Reiner, Richard Linklater, Sergio Leone, Francis Ford Coppola, Sam Raimi
2 - Trey Parker, James Cameron, David Fincher, Paul Verhoeven, John McTiernan, David Lynch, Edgar Wright, Quentin Tarantino, Ridley Scott, the Coen brothers, Terry Gilliam

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Five years later and I still think it's Angelopoulos. A top 100 is very limiting to me, though.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Terry Gilliam with Brazil, The Adventures of Baron Munchausen, Time Bandits, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas and The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Currently in the process of updating my 2005 list.

Suspect's Reviews

Terry Gilliam with Brazil, The Adventures of Baron Munchausen, Time Bandits, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas and The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus.
Where, roughly, would you put Munchausen in your top 100?

Where, roughly, would you put Munchausen in your top 100?

Honestly I tend to think that film has a case for being up their with Time Bandits as his second best after Brazil. Maybe those two featuring lower in my top 100 if I got around to making one.

I suspect that Kurbick would probably get the most entries, good case for everything from Strangelove onwards, maybe Eyes Wide Shut missing out but still that would probably get in a top 150.

On the other hand though I'm not sure I would have any Kubrick in a top 20, off the top of my head that would probably be something like...

Repulsion
Persona
Andrei Rublev
Aguirre, Wrath of God
Taxi Driver
Apoc Now
Stalker
Alien
Apoc Now
Empire Strikes Back
Blade Runner
Once Upon A Time In America
Withnail and I
The Dekalog
Millers Crossing
Groundhog Day
Mulholland Drive
Fellowship of the Ring
Blue is the Warmest Colour
Under the Skin

So Tarkovsky and Scott with 2 films each. I spose perhaps you could argue something to do with Kubricks cynical view? not that I dislike it doesn't gain quite the same place in the heart?

That said the first half of Full Metal Jacket and Clockwork Orange would definitely be top 20 material though.

Edit: yeah doing a bit of work on a list I suspect probably 6 Kubrick(everything from Strangelove to Full Metal Jacket) in a top 100, 5 Tarkovsky(everything from Ivans Childhood to Stalker) and maybe 4 Coens(Millers, Lewbowski, No Country and True Grit).

Woody Allen:
Hannah and Her Sisters
Purple Rose of Cairo
Play it Again Sam
Midnight in Paris
Midsummer Sex Comedy
Stardust memories

Terry Gilliam
Brazil
Fisher King
The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnasus
Life of Brian