Why was the title to Bicycle Thieves (1948) changed?

Tools    

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I remember back in the 90s and maybe early 2000s, the movie was always called "The Bicycle Thief". Now the title has been changed and is always called "Bicycle Thieves".

Why the change, out of curiosity?

I believe the original Italian title was Ladri di biciclette, which translates to Bicycle Thieves.

It's like asking why Avengers Assemble is called Avengers Assemble in the UK, when in the USA it's known as The Avengers.

"The Avengers" in the UK was a crappy 1960s TV series, that was also made into a crappy movie in the late 1990s.

It's all translation, society, pop-culture and translation of foreign languages.

"Leon" is known as "The Professional" and also as "Leon: The Professional" in some countries too.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Why was this post (2018) posted?

I remember back in the August and maybe early September, the thread was always called "What's so great about...". Now the title has been changed and is always called "Why was...".

Why the change, out of curiosity?
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.