Joker origin Movie

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
*insert that line from TDK about liking stuff that's inexpensive or whatever*

$55m is about the same budget as the original Deadpool, so it's just a question of what they're looking (or able) to accomplish on that kind of budget. Still intrigued by Phoenix and skeptical of Phillips.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
The Joker Wars are officially set to begin.

If $55 mil is a small budget, what are we calling the budget for the Spawn movie? Pocket lint?
It's not like it has to be a big budget superhero film. Make it low budget horror. I'm thinking Se7en with The Joker.

Suspect's Reviews

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
My take was that the movie is being reported as "small budget". I like Todd Phillips and some of his sensibilities. It strikes me as "out of the box thinking" that doesn't seem to happen much. If Moon and Dredd were made for pennies, $55 mil is more than enough.

This might just do nobody any good.
They’re getting De Niro in this:
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...-movie-1127469

Atlanta’s Zazie Beetz is also in the cast.

Uh, so there’s also a supposed plot leak from 3 days ago that had De Niro listed as a cast member and right now I’m inclined to believe it’s accurate (Frances McDormand reportedly turned down the role of The Joker’s mom some time ago.) If you’re willing, check it out (Potential Spoilers, obviously):

http://thathashtagshow.com/2018/07/e...-origin-story/

It sounds... bad.

This might just do nobody any good.
Alec Baldwin is playing Thomas Wayne, “a cheesy and tanned businessman who is more in the mold of a 1980s Donald Trump.”

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...father-1137843

Oh, and Joker’s mom is confirmed for this (played by Frances Conroy (see previous post.))

Hell yeah! They got Hamill to do the voice over work.

I really dig that, actually. I like the showman feel I get from it.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how this plays out. I like what I see so far.

Leto can't catch a break.

I was optimistic as soon as I heard Joaquin Phoenix was linked to the role. For me, he is one of the best actors in Hollywood.

Regarding his make-up, well, nothing is scarier than a man in clown make-up. Clowns with traditional make-up have scared people for decades. You don't need scars, tats, or grills. I was more excited by this short clip than I was with Leto's whole performance in Suicide Squad.

I had the clowns conversation with a person the other day. Whoever thought it was a good idea to have them around kids...

When I saw the make-up I thought it looked brilliant; plus, I quickly thought of Jack Nicholson's Joker when he has his alternative look in the "pen is truly mightier than the sword" scene.

I really dig that, actually. I like the showman feel I get from it.
Yeah, it's definitely there in what you can see of the 'ghosted' character in full make-up (looks like he's wearing a deep red coat as well). I love it when he goes deadpan at the end .

The scene from filming's quite exciting. There's a shuffling in his walk that reminds me of a character in something else – I wish I could place it. I think this is going to be good.