Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Call Me By Your Name (2017)

“He came. He left. Nothing else had changed. I had not changed. The world hadn’t changed. Yet nothing would be the same. All that remains is dream-making and strange remembrance.”

WHATEVER HAPPENED TO BABY JANE: (1962)

I can not hold off any longer in presenting my all time favorite Bette Davis flick. It was this magic piece of B celluloid that revived the career of the grand dame of Hollywood. Bette is mesmerizing in the role of the ageing Baby Jane Hudson a former child star in a bitter relationship with her sister Blanche (Joan Crawford) over an accident that left her in a wheelchair decades before. The longer the Robert Aldrich helmed film goes the crazier and tormenting Baby Jane becomes to Blanche..even to feeding her a dead rat for lunch. The acting from this pair of Hollywood royalty is superb and is complemented by the stirring, eerie soundtrack plus Los Angeles locations including the dying final scene on Malibu Beach . Some may not regard this as superior of the pyschological thriller genre but I and many do.

This might just do nobody any good.
I can't really fault Darkest Hour on any technical level and Gary Oldman is expectedly great but for ideological reasons I'll stick with Dunkirk as my preferred 2017 "British fortitude" feature.

The Lobster (2015)

Another dystopian film to enjoy, and it's hard to categorize. It takes an odd tone that will make you laugh sometimes, hold your breath sometimes, but I liked the whole thing. The twist on society is segregating single people from couples in a unique way, and the people themselves just act very strangely. Acting was pretty good, and I would recommend everyone watch this at least once.

I won't dance. Don't ask me...
Disappointment a little bit. His previous movies were better in my opinion.

Edit: I read today that this movie is inspired by Arthurs Miller's Death of a salesman. I didn't notice any connotation. Anybody here did?
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	8714360d3ebd5054364c7d795481896f.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	47142  

Welcome to the human race...
Surviving the Game -

Ice-T is not the most dangerous game, he has the most dangerous game.

Atrocious. The.most.boring.movie.ever.

I love your rating
It's quite a useful way of expressing what you feel about a film without having to immediately put it into words .

I won't dance. Don't ask me...
It's quite a useful way of expressing what you feel about a film without having to immediately put it into words .
That's why I like popcorn

BTW tonight in one of polsh channel is played The short movie about killing.

That's why I like popcorn

BTW tonight in one of polsh channel is played The short movie about killing.
I should check that one out too – well all of the Dekalog films. I'd like to wind the clock back twenty years and do it then . I watched so much in those days.

@cricket You expressed an interest in knowing my thoughts on this one, so here it is.

This was a hard watch, because I have a tough time watching Jake Gyllenhaal suffer. I tend to feel that guy, if you know what I mean, so if he cries, I cry. And I had to be in a state where it's ok to get put through the ringer, and I was. Put through the ringer.

Putting the fate aspect for a second, where it got super real for me was when they took the gauze off for the first time. When I was 16, my dad had an accident in which an 18 wheeler didn't see him on his bicycle, forgot to indicate, and dragged him for a while underneath his vehicle. My mother was in too much shock to drive, so with a learner's license, I drove us to the hospital, where I got there just in time to see bits of my dad's leg fall from his body to the floor. It's the only time I ever heard my dad scream. So, when Jake Gyllenhaal screamed in that moment, I was transported in time almost, and could even smell the hospital. It was at a time when my dad and I had a bit of a tough relationship, and I'd been quietly wishing him ill, so when it actually happened, I felt guilty, and then...seeing that and hearing him scream. Jesus. And then that scene...

There were a few tough as **** scenes to watch. When he's pushing his girlfriend away, yet he needs her so badly...the "SOMEONE HIT ME!" part...that was really tough...and when he's dragging his own ass across the street. And then, when he remembers...****ing. Done.

Yeah, I loved this movie. But it was a tough watch. Tatiana Maslany delivered too. I like her in Orphan Black, so...I wasn't disappointed. She can hold her own against Jake Gyllenhaal.

Free Fire (Ben Wheatley, 2016)
+
It's no Quilted Tarantula (or whatever his name is)