The Movie Forums Top 130 Albums Countdown

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Nah, you've got something on the actual Countdown i wouldn't cruelly count your one pointer in what i've been saying haha.

I know that my taste in music is different than most people here, so it wouldn't have surprised me, (or upset me), if nothing on my list made the countdown, but it's nice to know that something from my list will eventually show up.

Welcome to the human race...
Haven't heard Bonito Generation or Reckless

At Folsom Prison is good, but I didn't vote for it.

Moving Pictures surprises me not because it showed up but because I didn't actually vote for it this time around - it was top 25 for me the last time but apparently it didn't crack my top 50 at all this time around. That's what I get for thinking I was too cool to vote for it and instead picking a bunch of obscure stuff that I'm willing to bet won't make the final list. In any case, Moving Pictures is a 5/5 for me anyway and I definitely regret not voting for it now.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I still don't have any albums from my list on the countdown, but at least I'm getting closer. Two albums that I like made the countdown.

68. At Folsom Prison
Johnny Cash

(85 Points, 2 Lists)
I like Johnny Cash, and At Folsom Prison is a good album, but it didn't make my list.

67. Reckless
Bryan Adams

(85 Points, 2 Lists)
This may surprise some of you, but I like Bryan Adams, and I've even seen him in concert a few times. Believe it or not, I actually have a Bryan Adams album on my list, but it's not Reckless.

Today's Faildictions:

65. Van Halen - Van Halen
64. Chic - C'est Chic
63. Madonna - True Blue
62. Beastie Boys - Licensed To Ill
61. The Clash - London Calling

Master of My Domain
Fifty pees says Gats voted for it.
Nope, I actually voted for a different Rush album! Ha!

So how'd you like to pay me - hard cash or by bank account?

Master of My Domain
I think we can all agree that the original Star Wars soundtrack is fantastic.

No soundtracks on my ballot, nothing against them I just don't tend to listen to them in isolation.

I just don't tend to listen to them in isolation.
Same actually, with the exception of the Phantom Thread one which i've listened to a bunch this year and Goodfellas in the past but that's more like a Greatest Hits Album haha.

Nope, I actually voted for a different Rush album! Ha!

So how'd you like to pay me - hard cash or by bank account?
Absolutely no idea where you're getting the idea of hard cash from ??? ???

I was quite specific that fifty pees was the bet and I've already got 28 of them stored up in a couple of old 2-litre Coke bottles. Another day or two and you'll be able to pick all 50 up from Camo as soon as he lets me know the mailing address

Master of My Domain
Absolutely no idea where you're getting the idea of hard cash from ??? ???

I was quite specific that fifty pees was the bet and I've already got 28 of them stored up in a couple of old 2-litre Coke bottles. Another day or two and you'll be able to pick all 50 up from Camo as soon as he lets me know the mailing address
What? I ain't feedin' my family with just 50 pees!

You heard him!

I listened to Madonna's whole Discography one weekend last year, was actually talking to SC through some of it which is fitting. I like some songs and see the appeal but it isn't really my thing. One place off chyp

Damn, soooo close lol. Certainly the closest I've ever come to nailing Madonna

Don't mind some of her stuff but don't really see the huge appeal and didnae vote for anything by her.

So far,10 albums in my TOP 50 have appeared...

127. Cat Stevens - Tea For The Tillerman
116. Green Day - Dookie
104. Guns N' Roses - Appetite For Destruction
102. Foo Fighters - Wasting Light
90. Nirvana - Unplugged in New York
87. The Doors - Strange Days
84. Green Day - American Idiot
73. Oasis - Definitely Maybe
67. Bryan Adams – Reckless
64. Madonna – True Blue
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

I grew up in a household where MTV was pretty much on 24/7 through much of my childhood (back when they actually played music videos) so I heard Madonna a lot and mostly enjoyed her music. For whatever reason though I never really explored it and only have like 3 or 4 songs of hers that I bought on iTunes.