The MoFo Top 100 Films Directed By Women: The Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
Haven't seen Olivier, Olivier, though it does look interesting.

I haven't seen Bridget Jones' Diary either (not all of it, anyway), though oddly enough I recall having read the book a long time ago.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Maybe instead of counting which movies I haven't seen, I'll count the ones I've never even heard of.

Suspect's Reviews

Despite its length i still haven't watched The House Is Black, mostly because it's about lepers. It's probably great but sounds tough. I'm aware of the other one by title, that's it.

Maybe instead of counting which movies I haven't seen, I'll count the ones I've never even heard of.
Ha, good one...come to think of it that applies to me to. I haven't heard of most of these.

But I might have seen, Children of a Lesser God, thought not even sure of that?

Welcome to the human race...
Yeah, there were a lot of nominations from people that I quite simply hadn't heard of before and I do think that that's ultimately a good thing since one of the main things I'd hoped to achieve with this list was to draw attention to lesser-known titles, not just for other people but also for me (even if the final list ultimately skews more towards the most well-known titles, I still think it's doing alright in that regard).

I haven't seen The House is Black yet, though that's obviously going to become a priority. I did watch Children of a Lesser God earlier this year and felt ambivalent about it - I'd certainly agree that Matlin earns her Oscar for the role but the surrounding film could be a little hit-and-miss.

I won't dance. Don't ask me...
Haven't seen Olivier, Olivier, though it does look interesting.

I haven't seen Bridget Jones' Diary either (not all of it, anyway), though oddly enough I recall having read the book a long time ago.
I've watched BJ Diary about hundred times and read the book (all three parts). Oliver, Olivier I watched only one time, but I really appreciate this movie and the director -Agnieszka Holland.

The House Is Black is on Vimeo, it's only 22 minutes. Warning though, it's a documentary about a Leper colony so if you're sensitive to that sort of thing don't watch.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
The House Is Black is a powerful short about an Irani leper colony with a narration which comes across as a prayer. It may be too potent for sensitive viewers. I know donniedarko really likes it. It's on YouTube.

Lesser God is a solid, unusual romantic drama with terrific performances. Both were close to making my list.

I watched both movies for this countdown.

Besides being upsetting, I didn't think much of The House of Black.

I had been interested in Children of a Lesser God for years and I was disappointed.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
haven't seen the last four, though I have heard of Bridget Jone's diary and Children of a Lesser God

Watched: 6/27
#4 Voices
#11 Chocolat

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I think I watched The House Is Black for a Shorts HoF, but if I remember correctly, I didn't care much for it.

Children of a Lesser God has been on my watchlist for years, but I didn't watch it for this countdown because I didn't know that it was directed by a woman.

I think I watched The House Is Black for a Shorts HoF, but if I remember correctly, I didn't care much for it.

Children of a Lesser God has been on my watchlist for years, but I didn't watch it for this countdown because I didn't know that it was directed by a woman.
You're back?