Neill Blomkamp Remaking Robocop

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Oh bugger. That doesnt look foo good, rattus.

Welcome to the human race...
In fairness, I don't think the idea of ditching RoboCop's existing canon is as bad as ditching the post-Aliens canon because the RoboCop movies are already much more episodic than the Alien movies so it doesn't really matter so much if a new film disregards all two of the sequels (neither of which is held in the same esteem as Aliens, which is the only sequel that would've been kept in that instance). That being said, I do agree with the idea that it would be a little too close to bad fanfic, especially when Chappie already came across as a RoboCop knock-off.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
The guys that wrote the original sequel script they are using, predicted a reality star becoming president. Before reality tv was even really a thang.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
Honestly Elysium is one of my guilty pleasures - like it quite a bit so I don’t mind the director but have not seen chappie. The pic rodent posted though...surely that’s a joke lol...because that is a gimp outfit and robo cop is a cop not a robo sexdoll which are probably the future btw. I’m going to think about investing in a robo sex doll company.....

A system of cells interlinked
Came in here thinking there was a remake, only to be led astray...

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Came in here thinking there was a remake, only to be led astray...

Well, we had that one crappy remake recently.

Suspect's Reviews

d o e s a n y o n e e v e n r e m e m b e r
Vice President
358 Exchange Place New York, N.Y. 10099 FAX 212 555 6390 TELEX : () 4534

So now this is becoming a trend in Hollywood. Make direct sequels to the original franchise film while ignoring the past sequels. Halloween, The Terminator, and now RoboCop.

I'll ONLY be interested in seeing this IF Peter Weller returns as Murphy/RoboCop. If he bails, then so will I.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Hope they bring back Nancy Allen as Lewis while they're at it.
They killed her off in part 3. But they also killed off Sarah Connor (Linda Hamilton) in Terminator 3 and Laurie Strode (Jamie Lee Curtis) in Halloween Resurrection, so...yeah, they can bring her back from the dead, too.

Weller is 71. Not sure if this is a good idea.
Yeah, but Stallone is 72 and he's back as both Rocky and Rambo. Arnold is 72 and he's back as T-1000. Peter obviously belongs to the same league of old badasses who refuse to age

Welcome to the human race...
They killed her off in part 3. But they also killed off Sarah Connor (Linda Hamilton) in Terminator 3 and Laurie Strode (Jamie Lee Curtis) in Halloween Resurrection, so...yeah, they can bring her back from the dead, too.
They can fix her. They can fix anything.

(also I clearly forgot that part of #3, but there was a lot to forget in that damn movie)

Yeah, but Stallone is 72 and he's back as both Rocky and Rambo. Arnold is 72 and he's back as T-1000. Peter obviously belongs to the same league of old badasses who refuse to age
I admit that I have no idea about Weller's current physical condition. Stallone's probably in decent condition still but Arnold should retire (he looks like an old man now, not an action star). I'm just afraid it's going to be a stuntman in the suit and Weller's face added with CGI or something.

RoboCop 3 was heavily influenced by the TV series tbh.
Even with Nancy Allen and Robert DoQui returning, I don't really see it as an official RoboCop movie... it's more an extension of the TV show.

At least RoboCop 2 was half decent. If Weller is back they can't disregard RoboCop 2.
It'll be sad if Hacky McBumkrap totally disregards RoboCop 2 imho.